Cooking Spare Ribs

I want to cook some spareribs. How long do I bake them and what is a good simple dry rub for flavor?

By Elena from White Plains, NY

Best Answer

Bubba's Ribs

Wash ribs

I cut them into 3-5 bone width - easier to handle

Sprinkle lemon-pepper on both sides

Lay face down (bone ends up) on SARAN wrap

Fold to the inside of rib

Lay face down on Reynolds Aluminum Foil - Shiny side OUT

Fold to the inside of rib

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F

Place on cookie sheet on center self location

Cook for two (2) hours

LEAVE IN OVEN (NO HEAT) FOR 30 Minutes

Place on a cutting board at the sinks edge

Make a BOAT out of the foil

Slip the SARAN wrap from around ribs

Juice will stay in foil

Twist bones and pull out

Cut up meat and place in a bowl

OR

Place on grill for smoke flavoring - NO DIRECT HEAT

Lock your door so the neighbors can't get in

Enjoy.

Best Answer

Bubba's Ribs Additional Information

Saran wrap is thicker than the other brands of wrap. I can assure you that the Saran wrap will not melt, if it is placed inside the Reynolds Aluminum Foil. I have been using this recipe for over 12 years and I have never, not even once, had the Saran wrap melt.

Best Answer

Bubba, plastic wrap releases cancer causing toxins when heated. I truly hope you stop using it for cooking and just use two pieces of foil for your ribs instead.

Best Answer

Here is a great recipe for spare ribs that I have been using for years. Enjoy!

Ingredients

3 pounds pork spareribs or pork baby back ribs

3 tablespoons lemon juice

2 tablespoons honey

2 tablespoons canola oil

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 tablespoon dried minced onion

1 teaspoon paprika

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon dried oregano

1/8 teaspoon garlic powder

Directions

Cut spareribs into serving-size pieces. Place ribs, bone side down, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Drain.

Combine all the remaining ingredients; brush some of glaze on ribs. Bake, uncovered, 30-45 minutes longer or until meat is tender, brushing occasionally with remaining glaze. Yield: 4 servings.

Thrifty-Fun site is terrific! I have learned so much and enjoy reading the helpful advice. It's like having a smart and knowledgeable neighbor to rely on. The recipes given are grand. Especially the Chickpea veg burgers and ribs without the BBQ. I chose to make a sauce with suggestions from other posted notes. I have found that reading all the posts for recipes is most helpful and perhaps then taking suggestions from each. Thanks All.

Go to bakeporkchopsrecipe.com for a simle dry rub recipe for spare ribs and also go to ehow.com for steps to use to bake ribs. Just type your question in the search. I hope this helps.

January 30, 2011 Flag

What is the best way to cook spare ribs?

By jkent from San Diego, CA

Answers:

Cooking Spare Ribs

I bake them in oven with a little water and vinegar or lemon juice with salt and pepper on them. When done you can put BBQ sauce on them, cook 5 minutes more (if you like BBQ). Good luck. (07/28/2009)

By kffrmw88

Cooking Spare Ribs

I first slow-boil or simmer them for 20 minutes, then season them with a commercial seasoning for ribs (Emeril). Finish them off on the grill till seared on both sides, brush with BBQ sauce the last 5-10 minutes. (07/28/2009)

By SusanMarie

Cooking Spare Ribs

I know most real cooks might gasp, but I like ribs best when cooked in the crockpot. I just put the ribs in, cover them with my favorite barbecue sauce, and cook til tender. I usually pop them under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp them up. Always delicious. (I have a saying: If you can't cook it in the crockpot, then you shouldn't eat it!) (07/28/2009)

By dse77

Cooking Spare Ribs

I agree with the crockpot because slow cooking makes those ribs fall off the bone tender ;-) If you do grill them, roll up the rack (not tight), secure with a skewer and grill them standing up on end instead of laying down because that helps them keep moisture. (07/29/2009)

By Deeli

Cooking Spare Ribs

Do you mean in the oven? Preheat to 450 degrees F, cover the bottom of a baking sheet with foil (a huge help at cleanup time), put in the ribs in a single layer (rub and/or sauce should be put on them), turn the oven down to 350F, put in ribs for about 25 minutes, turn over, and leave in another 20 minutes. These times are approximate. (07/29/2009)

By Yankeedog

Cooking Spare Ribs

Some times I fry them, and then sometimes I boil them and then take the juice and cook it with the rice and put ribs on top until the rice is done, like cooking chicken and rice. We love it that way. That's what I'm having tonight. (07/30/2009)

By sallysue

Cooking Spare Ribs

I boil them first, then put them on the BBQ to brown or put them in the oven to brown. (08/07/2009)

By Lorraina

Cooking Spare Ribs

Bubba's Ribs

• wash ribs
  • I cut them into 3-5 bone width - easier to handle
  • sprinkle lemon-pepper on both sides
  • lay face down (bone ends up) on Saran wrap
  • fold to the inside of rib
  • lay face down on Reynolds aluminum foil, shiny side out
  • fold to the inside of rib
  • pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
  • place on cookie sheet on center self location
  • cook for two (2) hours
  • leave in the oven (no heat) for 30 minutes
  • place on a cutting board at the sink's edge
  • make a "boat" out of the foil
  • slip the Saran wrap from around ribs
  • juice will stay in foil
  • twist bones and pull out
  • cut up meat and place in a bowl

OR
  • place on grill for smoke flavoring - no direct heat

Lock your door so the neighbors can't get in.
Enjoy.
(08/08/2009)

By JohnLuse

Cooking Spare Ribs

Bubba's Ribs Additional Information

Saran wrap is thicker than the other brands of wrap. I can assure you that the Saran wrap will not melt, if it is placed inside the Reynolds aluminum foil. I have been using this recipe for over 12 years and I have never, not even once, had the Saran wrap melt.
(08/31/2009)

By JohnLuse

Cooking Spare Ribs

Bubba, plastic wrap releases cancer causing toxins when heated. I truly hope you stop using it for cooking and just use two pieces of foil for your ribs instead. (09/01/2009)

By Deeli

Spare Ribs
Cooking Spare Ribs
Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatJanuary 30, 2011
Barbecued Spare Ribs
Barbecued Spare Ribs Recipes
Mini ribs in a ceramic dish.
Microwave Ribs Recipes
Pork Chop on the grill.
Grilling Pork
Barbecue Ribs
Barbecue Ribs Recipes
🎉
🎄