Getting the Last of the Butter From Tub

Have you ever hated trying to get the very last of the margarine or butter out of the tub? I have been doing this for years, but never thought to share it. When I make instant mashed spuds, corn, or anything that I want to enjoy with margarine, I sometimes find the tub is almost done with too little even for a spatula. So, I simply set it upside down on the top of the pan and let it melt. I get the last of it, and it's easier to wash and recycle. Hope this helps!

By Poor but Proud from Salem, OR

I also put the mashed potatoes (ext.) right into the container, stir and then use a spatula to get out all. Thanks for the post PBP!

What a good idea! Thanks for sharing, I hate to waste even the tiniest bit of anything! lol

God Bless.

Trish in CT

3 sticks of butter.
Saving Money on Butter
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJune 27, 2011
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub, An old claw foot tub outside.
Restoring a Claw Foot Tub
woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub