Homemade Pet Clean Up Spray

There are products on the market to clean up after pet accidents. They can be expensive and don't always work. This recipe works very well, is very inexpensive and removes all traces of the accident.

In an empty spray bottle, pour 1 bottle of hydrogen peroxide (most dollar stores sell them for fifty cents). Add one teaspoon of baking soda and a drop of dish soap. Shake it up to mix well.

Spray mixture on the spot (can be used on carpet or flooring) after the mess has been wiped up and cleaned as much as possible. Leave for a few minutes and blot dry. For vinyl flooring or tile, the mixture can be left on overnight to remove any staining.

Source: A friend

By Kathy J. from Plymouth, CT

Does this work for both urine and poo accidents? How about dog/cat vomit?

I'd USE THIS TIP WITH CAUTION! The term "peroxide blond" comes from the fact that peroxide is a mild acid and can act as a bleaching agent. I would spot test this mixture in a discrete place before using it indiscriminately as it may discolor many fabrics.

This is the best! I have used it for years. Had two elderly dogs. Would recommend it over any store bought, I've tried almost everything. This works best.

It is important to test the surface first in a unnoticeable area. I have used hydropgen peroxide directly and it is great for light colored carpets and I have used for most any type of pet accident. Hydrogen peroxide can be used for blood stains as well, but test the surface first. I'm going to try adding the baking soda and dish detergent.

I feel it helps to disinfect as well. I get the large bottle of hydrogen peroxide and unscrew the cap

and replace with a squirt bottle sprayer. Most fit nicely and I know what's in the bottle right off.

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Stain RemoversJanuary 26, 2010
red spray bottle
Homemade Bitter Apple Spray
Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Making a Multidirectional Spray Bottle
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle
Hair Spray Nozzle
Unclogging Hair Spray Nozzle