Plastic Canvas Box

I haven't made my project yet so can't send a picture. I just got done cutting the pieces out and will start stitching it tomorrow.

This is a plastic canvas project. It is derived from a pattern for a tissue box cover, and can be adjusted to go with any tissue box cover pattern you want to use. These are the changes I am making to the pattern.

For the top piece, instead of cutting the center out to allow for the tissue to come through, I'm leaving it whole. I will fill it in with stitching to match the pattern. Another change to this piece is that instead of stitching the top piece to the sides all the way around, I will only attach it on one side, thereby creating a "hinge". I will attach a small piece of Velcro with a decoration glued to it to match the pattern (in this case a plastic canvas flower). This will keep the lid closed but easily accessible when needed.

If you'd prefer, you can make the top piece a little larger than the pattern calls for, and make side pieces to create a regular box lid. Also I cut a piece for a bottom of the box. Needless to say no stitching necessary on this piece other than to attach it to the box. The reason for these changes is that instead of keeping a box of tissues in there, I plan on keeping my "unmentionable" items (in my case Kotex) in it. They will be readily available when I need them, but my family and guests won't be having to see them.

I plan to make a matching small "cup" to hold my disposable razors also.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

I finally finished the box and here it is!

Plastic Canvas Craft Ideas
Plastic Canvas Craft Ideas
Crafts Needlework Plastic Canvas CraftsAugust 4, 2009
Making Plastic Canvas Christmas Ornaments
Plastic Canvas Snowflakes
Making Plastic Canvas Snowflakes
🎉
🎄