Uses for Splenda for Baking

Splenda for Baking is made from sugar and sucralose (those are the only 2 ingredients on the package). Would it be okay to use it to make homemade lemonade (or any non-baking use for that matter)? Thanks.

Maryeileen from Brooklyn, OH

Splenda is fine for sweetening drinks. It is not interchangeable with sugar for other uses. There are Splenda cookbooks. You can get them in book stores or libraries. If you plan to use Splenda a lot it would be a good investment. They will tell you exactly how to use the product.

You can definitely use it for lemonade, coffee, tea, etc.

I also us it on cereal and fruit.

I know that it can be used for baking, but there are some limitations. Check out http://www.splenda.com - FREE recipes with customer reviews!

I guess I wasn't clear enough. I have a bag and it's called SPLENDA FOR BAKING. My question is: can SPLENDA FOR BAKING be used in beverages?

I went through thirty pages of links looking for bad news about Splenda, and there was nothing of any scientific merit. So I use it freely, and I just adjust to taste. WalMart has a house brand of sucralose that is cheaper.

I went to the Splenda site and this is what I found:

SPLENDA® Sugar Blend for Baking is a mix of SPLENDA® Brand Sweetener and pure sugar and provides only 1/2 the calories and carbohydrates of pure sugar. It helps you reduce the sugar in your home baking, while keeping the great sugar taste your family loves!

Sounds like it's partly sugar and partly Splenda. I'd say you could use it in beverages.

I had gotten some free samples of Splenda for baking and I used it to make Koolaid. It tasted just fine.

I use it in place of sugar when I make applesauce.

As everyone else has already said, it's fine to use Splenda for Baking to sweeten drinks. You will have to stir more, or dilute it in some hot water first, because of the sugar. I love dusting fresh strawberries with it and baking with it -- I made some shortbread cookies with it a few weeks ago. I usually use regular Splenda for drinks. Enjoy & experiment!

You can use this for everything basically. But there is a product called Splenda Blend, which is half splenda and have sugar. You cut in half the normal serving size of sugar (ex. instead of 2tbsp. use 1 tbsp.) I use this in all liquid drinks.

Splenda
Tips for Baking With Splenda
Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceAugust 29, 2007
Baking Ingredients
Substitution for Cream of Tartar When Baking
Substitution for Baking Powder
Substitution for Baking Powder
Pie Recipes Using Splenda
Pie Recipes Using Splenda
Baking Soda
Freezing Baking Soda and Baking Powder
🎉
🎄