Oreo Bon Bons and Butterfinger Cookies

I have 2 easy, affordable and delicious recipes.

Neither of these are my own recipe but I wanted to share them with you all. I think they would be great as Christmas treats for family.

Oreo Bon Bons

Ingredients

• 1 pkg. Oreos
  • 1 (8 oz.) brick of cream cheese (softened a little)
  • 2 pkgs. either dipping chocolate or white or brown chocolate chips.

Directions

The first thing you do is to break up the Oreos into small pieces. I use a large Ziploc back and a mallet or something. You want the pieces as small as you can. Then you mix together the softened cream cheese and Oreos. (I use my hands)

Then, once it's mixed well, you shape the mix into walnut size balls. Put them in the refrigerator on wax paper for 2 hours at least. Then, melt the chocolate (with a tiny bit of cooking oil if you want to). I use a microwave and melt it for 10 seconds at a time until it's all melted.

Then you dip the balls into the chocolate and put them on wax paper again. Then put them in the refrigerator until they harden again. (I like to put on sprinkles while the chocolate is still soft)

They make for easy gifts and people just love them and can't believe what they are made of.

Butterfinger Cookies

You won't believe how easy these are and how delicious!

Ingredients

• Ritz crackers 1 or 2 packs (individual bags) depending on how many you want to make.
  • peanut butter
  • 1 or 2 pkgs. of butterscotch chips (depending again on how many you want to make.)

Directions

Take your Ritz crackers and put peanut butter on half of them, use the other half to top them.

Melt the butterscotch chips. Did the crackers with peanut butter on them into the chips and completely cover them.

Put them in the refrigerator to harden. That's it! They taste like Butterfingers!

By Bobbi from Scotia, CA

Say now there's an idea. I've made these with chocolate as the original recipe called. But this sounds good too. Thanks for sharing.

I've made the Oreo Bon Bons (my recipe calls them Truffles) many times, but I crush mine in the food processor & then add the softened cream cheese. When all combined then I scoop them onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, using a 1-oz. scoop so they are all the same size. I have put them in the refrigerator for as long as 2-3 days before I have a chance to dip them in chocolate. For the dipping chocolate I use the candy melts...no mixing, just melt & dip. Then put back in the fridge to firm up. Everyone just loves these truffles.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Cookies ChristmasDecember 21, 2007
Cappuccino Bon Bon
Cappuccino Bon Bon Recipes
Chocolate Bon Bons
Chocolate Bon Bon Recipes
Oreo Cookie Cake
Recipes Using Oreo Cookies
Bon Bon Cookie Recipes
Bon Bon Cookie Recipes
🎄