Turkey Loaf Skillet

I made a turkey loaf that was very dry. My husband was a trooper and ate it with added salsa on top. I decided to see if I can salvage it. What I did is saute onions and garlic, added chopped celery, chopped red pepper, canned mushrooms, a can of diced tomatoes with just a little bit of the sauce and a half a can of tomato paste and assorted seasonings. I then crumbled up the rest of the turkey loaf and mixed it in with the vegetables and tomatoes. I simmered it like that for a bit. Then I served it. It was delicious.

You can really add whatever veggies you have on hand. Eggplant, beans, corn. . .whatever. This can also work for left over ground beef.

Source: My creation.

By Sharon from Cherry Hill, NJ

Something that will help with the texture of a turkey meatloaf is to grind up oatmeal in your food processor and blend it into the meatloaf. I use 1/4 cup oatmeal for each 20 oz. pkg. of extra lean ground turkey. I whirl the oatmeal in the food processor until it's almost as fine as flour.

Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesApril 29, 2008
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Skillet Meal
Skillet Dinner Recipes
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
🎉
🎄