CraftsPhotos

Decoupaged Paperweights

These are so simple and easy and fast. I find pretty pictures from just about every where (copy to size you need) and then just glue on stones, glass stones, sea shells, etc. I always coat with several coats of water resistant varnish.

By lisingreece from Greece

Top Comment

Question - do you have to sand down the rocks? This is a great idea and I have loads of collected river rocks, but they're still rough. Thank you from one who is not creative and needs ideas. Liz Kent

Top Comment

Thanks for the kind words, Liz. I did not sand any of my rocks but they were pretty smooth so I had no problems working with them. If you are worried, why not use the glass stones that can be found in many craft shops. I use them all the time since they now come in different sizes.

And BTW - these stones can become pretty fridge magnets by gluing on a magnet!

Very cool !

Wow! that is really cool! thanks for sharing that!

Very pretty!

Love it! You really did a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing.

LOVE those! And they're beautifully done : )

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing, as soon as the snow melts I'll go looking for some stones.

Yours are very pretty. I love the idea of using different items. I found the idea online about using the large flat glass marbles and Mod Podging the pictures on the back. Then using heavy glue to put a magnet on the back. If you have a pretty tin box...like a gift card would go in or an Altoids box, the magnets will stick to it and make a great gift.

I found some tin boxes at the dollar store with birthday designs on them for, you guessed it...a dollar. A package of the large marbles will make enough to fill 4-5 of the tins. I get pictures from magazines, online, scrapbook paper, etc. They make a very inexpensive gift. I'm thinking of making a tin with pictures for different holidays. Perhaps 2-3 for Christmas, 1 for Valentines, 1 for Easter, 2-3 with flowers or items appropriate for the person.

It would become something they could use all year on their fridge or file cabinet. (Wish I had a picture to show you.) I'll have to try the rocks and seashells. Yours turned out so pretty.