DogsPest Control

Dog Digging up Plants

I have my garden in containers. My dog has never shown interest in my garden until today. He's destroyed 3 of my okras already. He's not eating the plants just playing in the dirt in the pots.

He did it once early this morning, and when I just went out to water, he had done it again. How can I keep him out of my containers? It's only the okra right now for some reason.

Hardiness Zone: 9b

By leitharenea from Tarkington Prairie, TX

This is a very old but simple trick: Try putting a couple of mothballs in each of the pots. The smell should repel him. Only do this if you don't have small children around.

Do you think that would work with cats? They are digging up my soil, but for a more unpleasant reason!

Mothballs are poisonous, make sure the dog doesn't eat them. Might not do any veggies good either.

Marg from England

Try putting "dog doo" around the pot, He'll be repelled by it, and stay away. This also works if a dog is digging under a fence, or wherever. They won't dig in it, so I think it might keep him away from the pots in the same way.

I used snappy trainer it worked great. It's under $20.00