Precious Destiny (Tortoise Shell Cat)

Precious Destiny is a 5 1/2 month old Tortoiseshell (Tortie). Here is how I got her. It's kind of a long story, but I'll make it short.

I had a dog and we had to put it down, which was very sad. I had been trying to bring another pet home but my mom didn't want another pet. I went to a county fair and there were kittens in a crate - they were selling them for a dollar, however, I got it free because they were just trying to get rid of them. I came home with Destiny and my mom was starting to protest when she saw Destiny just looking at her with big beautiful cat eyes. Needless to say, she (my mom) loves Destiny now and we kept her.

Destiny loves to hide and when anyone walks past, she pounces out on two legs - it can be kind of dangerous because we almost trip over her but it's so funny to see her leap like that. She just loves to play, and she loves cuddling.

I love Destiny so much, I don't know where I would be without her, she really filled in a hole in my heart from when I lost my dog. She's an angel.

By Stacey from Orem, UT

I also have a Tortie that we got from a shelter, her name is Star. Your Destiny looks beautiful! My Star is the most affectionate I have ever had and I've always had cats. She's like a person is some ways.

Stacey, your story about Destiny is precious, and

I know just what you mean about her filling in the

vacancy left by the loss of your dog. I'm an old

lady, but I went through a similar lost feeling when

our last kitty-cat went to the Rainbow Bridge to

wait for us. It very nearly broke my heart, and I

really didn't want to go through such a loss again.

My husband and I agreed not to take any more pets,

since we're 70 years old and a pet is a big commitment to be taking on at this age.

Then we "met" Catty-Kit one day. He is half Maine Coon tabby, and half SealPoint Siamese, and was only a tiny baby. He chose us, and there was nothing

we could do but bring him home. I bless that day

every time I think about it. He has filled our lives

with more love and pleasure that I would have

thought possible. Like your Stacey, Catty-Kit plays

his little kitty-cat games. He loves tag, hide and seek and Peek-A-Boo most of all, and we spend

hours playing with him.

He'll be a year old in February, and he's a big guy now, but he's still my baby, and wants to be rocked

to sleep... I'm so grateful for him and I'm sure

having him will add years to our lives. Having

a warm cuddly fuzzy to love and care for will do that.

Thank you for sharing your Stacey with us.

Julia in Orlando, FL

Destiny is so CUTE! I love tortie cats. My AllieMae,

was a tortie and I had to put her down in 2004.

I have not been able to get another cat, so instead

I have one (rescue) JackRussell Terrier who is so mellow and one (gift) crazy Yorkie and they are my

blues chasers. Cookie is the JRT is so pretty and sweet and loving like no other dog I have ever known. Oso the yorkie loves on me when he wants

love only then (spoiled baby) I read your story and

you and I went opposite directions. Glad to know

you have Destiny.

aww, precious kitten. I love kittens and cats. If it says meow, I'll love it, as my daughter tells me. Cats are just wonderful. If you can get a cat's love, you know you are one special person.

Destiny is so pretty and I'm glad that you two have each other. They make such a huge difference in our lives, thanks for sharing her story with us.

Oh, thank you so much for your feedback everyone. That's really cool about Catty-kit. It's amazing what an animal can do for us. They're more than just pets, they turn out to be a real part of the family!

Stacey

I just adopted a darling little Tortie that I named Lindsey. She is one of the sweetest natured cats I've ever seen. I just read online where torties are the hardest cats to adopt. I thought she was gorgeous the moment I laid eyes on her so I don't understand why they are difficult to adopt. Anyway, she is with my one year old black siamese mix kitty and they are doing well. Take care of Destiny, I know you will give her a wonderful life.

I came across this post right here while i was looking online for some tortoise shell kittens for sell. My cat, which was a tortoise shell, the darker shades, like your Destiny, well she passed away August 10th 2008 (she had just turned 3). She had her 2nd litter of kittens which didn't go very good. We were planning on getting her fixed but we had to wait until after she had these. She died of what he said was "milk fever". She was the sweetest cat we had, and we have several.

She was just like a human too. I wish I could find a cat like her again. Maybe all tortoise shell cats are like that. I hope so, I want another one. They are beautiful and unique. Hard to make, and your cat is adorable. =] You are lucky!

Tortoiseshell Cats
Tortoiseshell Cats
Pets Pet PagesNovember 21, 2005
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Textured Half Shell Cowl
Making a Textured Half Shell Cowl
knitting needles and yarn
Sea Shell Knitting Stitch
ice cream with chocolate shell topping
Homemade "Magic Shell"
🎄