In Memory Of Jewel (Mountain Lion)

contest winner icon

I took these photos of Jewel in 1995 for a wildlife magazine photo shoot in the mountains of Montana. She is in a trance looking at cows in the first shot. Jewel was a real sweetheart. She died 3 years ago.

I was a professional photographer (now retired) and photographed 14 different animals "rented" at Triple D Game Farm. The animals are all "pets" as they are there for movies, TV, and photos. All have their own cage "home", are well fed, and well heated or cooled as needed. They are used to humans, but can still hurt.

A wolf had puppies while there and they named one after me. So, if any of the viewers see a black wolf with a neck chain with the name "Wally" on it . . .

By Gene and Judy W.

In Memory Of Jewel (Mountain Lion)

In Memory Of Jewel (Mountain Lion)

In Memory Of Jewel (Mountain Lion)

In Memory Of Jewel (Mountain Lion)

Such beautiful photography Gene. That would have been the assignment of a lifetime, I'm

thinking. Jewel is beautiful and your photography will keep her alive in the memories of many people.

Thank you so much for sharing your work with us.

Julia in Boca Raton, FL

Awesome photography! I have always wanted to be a wildlife photographer even though I am not even a very good amateur one. LOL I still can enjoy the work of others though. I hope that you will share more of your wonderful work with us.

Awesome photos. Thank you for giving us a chance to share in her beauty.

Wonderful descriptions, thanks for helping me see your photos through your eyes. I used to love watching folks like Marlon Perkins when I was a child. Also imho, it's about time we humans became the good stewards of God's creatures He intended us to be, even though it's only on a comparatively small scale.

Photos WildlifeMarch 30, 2011
Bernese Mountain Dog
Bernese Mountain Dog Breed Information and Photos
A clown dressed in red balancing cups on their head.
Making a Circus Performers Costume
Simple square block quilt made from vintage fabric.
Making a Memory Quilt