Browsing: Repairing a Lawn Mower Carburetor

Lawn Mower Carburetor Leaks Gas

My 17 hp Briggs and Stratton lawn tractor floods upon initial startup. The gas will gush from the top of the carburetor. I have to blow out with shop air to get started. Once you get it going, it will run good rest of day.

By CJ Santee

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Could be the float or the needle that allows the fuel to come down is stuck open. Sometimes the float has a pin hole leak and it fills up inside with gas and opens the needle which allows all the fuel to come in the carb. The seat if it's worn down or dirty will not allow the fuel to shut off so it continues to flow.

June 15, 2010 Flag

I have a Craftsman Riding mower LT1000, 42 in. cut, 2007 model. It is leaking gas into the bowl where the carburetor is. The gasket is sealing, it's not leaking out there.

September 24, 2009 Flag

I cleaned the carburetor and reassembled it. Then the mower started and I let it run for about 10 minutes.

Lawn Mower Carburetor
Repairing a Lawn Mower Carburetor
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersJune 15, 2010
Riding Lawn Mower
Repairing a Troy-Bilt Riding Lawn Mower
Mowing With Weed Wacker
Mowing a Lawn Without a Mower
A man winterizing his lawnmower.
Winterizing a Gas-Powered Lawn Mower
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 30, 2016 at 7:23:15 AM on 10.0.0.12 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.