Painting Cabinets to Go With White Floors and Counters

My kitchen has very ugly, built in the 70's, dark cabinets. I want to paint them or stain them but I don't know what would look good with white floors and white counter tops. I have no clue what to do, any advice? I want to paint the walls too!

Priscilla from Zwolle , LA

You didn't state what color the walls are. Do you intend to keep them the same color? What color are your appliances? Use up to three color combinations as more than that would look too busy.

White goes with any color, so choose two other colors you like that go well together. If you kitchen is small with little natural lighting, then choose light or bright colors. If you have a large room with lots of window lighting, then you can go darker with your color choices.

Hope this helps.

Saw this in a decorating magazine: everything was white then they used a variety of colors for knobs, drawer handles, dishes, cannisters, place mats, etc.... The curtains were a flower print that incorporated all the colors. Looked very cheerful and bright.

The walls are also white, or pretty much white. It is a long kitchen, like a wide hallway with two windows on the same wall. I'm more into the natural earthy colors I just dont know if I should paint the cabinets darker than the walls or the other way around, walls darker than cabinets. Or maybe,i s there anything I can do to make the UGLY dark cabinets look more of a natural, lighter wood color?

A few years ago I remodled my kitchen, due to water damage. My kitchen was to dark. I painted my walls an ocean blue, bought white cabinets, and my counter top is a denim blue. To help you decide on painting your walls, you can go to menards, lowes, or home depot and purchase small samples of the color of paint you want. I painted the colors near the trim of a door to decide which I liked better. Painting you cabinets is a lot of work. I also tried that before the water damage. It looked pretty good. Just make sure you purchase paint just for that purpose. Good Luck

My dad painted his kitchen a glossy light green. It looks so yummy - like frosting!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceFebruary 21, 2008
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
Wood cabinet doors ready to be painted.
Painting Wood Cabinets
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 24, 2017 at 1:49:15 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.