Choosing a Hair Color Brand

My hairstylist told me I should always use the same type or brand of hair color on my hair. I've been doing my own hair for years and always got whatever the best deal. It was usually free with coupons and sales.

Any suggestions on a brand to stick with? Cost isn't that much of any issue as I am sure I can find whatever brand for a great price.

Thanks.

By Mindy

It depends on what kind of hair color and what color you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to cover gray and lighten or darken? Do you like to use permanent, semi-permanent or demi-permanent?

And, yes, you should stick with the same brand because they are all chemically formulated differently. If you would share more info I would be happy to help you. I was a hairstylist for 35 years and so were both of my parents.

Changing brands is not a good idea. I used to dye my hair and I went from Loreal to Revlon, my color was ash blonde light and it changed it to an orange. I went back to Loreal brand and was very happy with it.

I like Nice & Easy because it is just that - nice and easy. It's also very inexpensive and easy to find your same color every time you buy it. It makes my hair feel so soft after coloring it. It actually seems to help the hair be more healthy. I've not noticed it damaging my hair in any way.

Oh, I just love the Nice'n Easy Color Technology brand.

As a matter of fact, I just finished using it a few minutes ago.

They give you this tube of gloss to apply after rinsing and you let it stay on for 2 minutes. Rinse, and the shine is so wonderful. No dull look at all. They want you to reapply some once a week for about 6 weeks.

I always use coupons at Wal-Mart and keep one in my storage cabinet for whenever the color is due.

That way, I don't have to make a special trip when the hair starts to look like it needs it's recolor.

Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for the advice! Deeli, I emailed you through this site.

Thanks again~ I love this site!

I've always had good results using L'Oreal, plus they don't test their products on animals.

Loreal is the best and they put a tube of deep conditioner in their boxes. The Feria by Loreal gives hair a more natural look I think. I love this one, the golden blonde.

A woman dying her own hair.
Coloring Hair at Home
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips ColoringApril 22, 2010
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
A woman coloring her hair.
Choosing a Hair Color to Complement Skin Tone and Eye Color
🎉
🎄