Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Ideas for Decorating Office Door for Christmas

Office Door Christmas Decoration

When you are working in an office, it's fun to add some seasonal decor to your door. This guide contains ideas for decorating office door for Christmas.

Share a solution today!

Here are questions related to Ideas for Decorating Office Door for Christmas.

Question: Ideas for Office Door Christmas Decorations

I need ideas on decorating an office door for Christmas, with a Harley theme. I am looking for something to really get everyone's attention.

By Ann L

Most Recent Answer

By Mary Lou11/25/2013

Do a Harley with Santa on it, but have the handlebars be threeD and come out of the door with stuffed white gloves attached Santa's hand. Make arms of red felt, stuffed and attached to the gloves. These gloved arms would also be coming out of the door.

Question: Decorating Office Door with Christmas Movie Theme

I am looking for an idea to decorate my office door and the theme is a Christmas movie. Any ideas?

By Sharon

Most Recent Answer

By Anonymous12/10/2012

You could decorate with one or more Christmas movie posters.

Go to this link and type in movie titles you're interested in to see what they have available:
http://www.moviepostershop.com/land ... istmas%20movie%20posters&jkId=mc:a8a8ae4cd33d6e83c0133daefa0cb5608:i7508839955:te&js=3&jsid=27448&jt=1

I searched for "Miracle on 34th Street" and there were two (the original and the most recent version) for about $10.00 each:
http://www.moviepostershop.com/sear ... .asp?keywords=miracle+on+34th+street

Question: Christmas Decorating Ideas for Office Door

How can I decorate a door in my office for Christmas?

By Yolanda L

Question: Christmas Office Door Decoration Contest

I am trying to find a picture of a door I have seen decorated before. It is based on the movie "The Christmas Shoes" and it was done also for breast cancer awareness.

By Ann

Question: Ideas for Decorating Office Doors for Christmas

I am looking for ideas for how to decorate an office door.

By Janie from TX

Most Recent Answer

By Cricket12/04/2010

A wreath is always a nice way to decorate a door. There are many different ones available. Another way is to cover the door with gift wrapping paper. 2 options here: either use a patterned paper and leave it at that. Or use a solid color and add ribbons and a large bow. You could also attach ribbons as someone before me described, then hang stuffed stockings (one or more) on the door. A life-size picture of Santa or a Christmas tree would be pretty.

Whatever you decide, Merry Christmas!

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Ideas for Decorating Office Doors for Christmas

Each year we decorate our office doors in the law firm where I work. I cant come up with anything this year. Any ideas? Something funny or cute would be nice.

Shanon from Mt. Pleasant, NC

RE: Ideas For Decorating Office Doors For Christmas

not sure what kind of law you practice? if specialty, could 'personalize' a bit beyond this, but how about an image - drawing, paper picture/image, or flat-nearly flat cloth Santa, knocking at your door? it could be a back view of Santa most easily, close to life-size or not, one white gloved hand up knocking, near your name tag, the other hand behind his back with rtorn up red bag of gifts? Rudolph with band aid on his nose and bandage on a leg? This keeps it to Santa so is more 'holiday' vs Christmas. (11/26/2007)

By patti

RE: Ideas for Decorating Office Doors for Christmas

For the past three years my husband's co-workers have decorated their doors. They have someone not connected to the business come in and judge and there are cash prizes. This year they are having a "theme". Every door has to have something to do with a Christmas song. I think this would be extremely funny, but he had already decided to do "Silent Night". Anyway, my idea is "Do You Hear What I Hear?" and just have a lot of ears on the door...plain human ears, ears with an earring, ears with a hearing aid, and even animal ears, like sheep, cows, dogs, cats, etc. I know, I have a warped sense of humor, but I think it would be funny! Good Luck with whatever you decide to do. (11/29/2007)

By matjat

In my opinion, funny or cute decorations aren't appropriate for a law firm's office. I'd stick with traditional items like a wreath. Decorations should be classy. Also, you might consider the many people who don't celebrate Christmas. (Gosh, I cant believe I said that!) Perhaps you want to use the colors of our Jewish friends, blue and silver. You want everyone to feel comfortable in your office. You want everyone's business. Be inclusive, but don't go overboard with it. Be subtle. I think candles are appropriate for everyone. I also think anything from nature is appropriate for everyone. Real evergreenery or pine cones that type of thing. Who could be offended with items from God's beautiful world? Merry Christmas! (11/30/2007)

By Carol in PA

One year we did the same thing and one lady decided to do something different. She put blue foil on her door and decorated with individually wrapped holiday candies. White ones falling like snow, green ones as a tree and wreath, red for tree and wreath decorations. She then had a child cutout with a Salvation Army blanket around his shoulders and a teddy bear in his arms. (Being a Graphic Designer she was great at drawing too) She hung a decorated "bank" on her door knob and asked that people help themselves to the candy after placing a donation in the "bank". She would replenish whatever was taken to keep her door full of candy. After the holidays she had raised $105 that she donated to the local Salvation Army in the name of our department. (11/30/2007)

By

My idea would be to decorate the door like a tree and take a photo of each person in the office to make the ornaments. The star of the tree could be the founder of the company or a picture of everyone. For the garland: each person could write what Christmas means to them. on long strips of colored curved paper. The Lights: could be the LED flashing lights that come with a sticker on the back of them. (My son found them at Walmart) (11/30/2007)

By Laura

What about wrapping the doors as if they were presents ? I do this to pictures hanging on my wall at home. (12/04/2007)

By krisandjohn

One year, I did a picture of me and my 2 best friends and I put them on top of camels, walking across a desert and the title was "We Three Queens". Then I did a revised We three Kings song and posted on the door. Of course the song eluded to many people/things in the office. Very cute! (03/20/2008)

By Joy

Last year I decorated my office door like a fire place. I got red and white felt material from Wal-mart, and I had little stockings that I got for $1.00 and I put everyone's name on them. I covered the door in green wrapping paper. I came in second place. But I had fun doing it. I can't wait to do it again this Christmas. I'm already thinking of ideals. (08/03/2008)

By Lady V