Christmas Decorating Ideas for Office Door

When you are working in an office, it's fun to add some seasonal decor to your door. This guide contains Christmas decorating ideas for your office door.

December 2, 2010 Flag

I am looking for ideas for how to decorate an office door.

By Janie from TX

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Cover with wrapping paper and put a long ribbon down one side a few inches from its edge and then one across the top a few inches below the frame. Add a large bow or Christmas pick where the ribbons meet and put a large tag with the worker's names in that office.

Make a 3-D image of a flower pot and staple some poinsettias with stems in it and cover with foil paper so the staples cannot be seen. Add a big bow with streamer and frame the door with evergreen garland or matching ribbon. The flowerpot could be attached with quality packaging tape. You could also add a name tag with coworker's names

OR add a battery operated string of lights around the window if the door has one and some garland intertwined.

OR, on a door with a window, put some poinsettias around the window frame and a live poinsettia across the room centering it in the middle of the window so it looks like it's sitting in a picture frame.

Make little wreaths from old CD's. Personalise each one and add people's names to hang on each door.

Monique :)

I would take wide ribbon, use a tack to attach to the top of the door, string 2 strips down the door and tack at the bottom (if you can get to the bottom (use double stick tape if not). Then two strips across the door, tacks again out of sight. Make it look like a gift wrapped package with a big bow somewhere on the door.

A wreath is always a nice way to decorate a door. There are many different ones available. Another way is to cover the door with gift wrapping paper. 2 options here: either use a patterned paper and leave it at that. Or use a solid color and add ribbons and a large bow. You could also attach ribbons as someone before me described, then hang stuffed stockings (one or more) on the door. A life-size picture of Santa or a Christmas tree would be pretty.

Whatever you decide, Merry Christmas!

December 4, 2012 Flag

I am looking for an idea to decorate my office door and the theme is a Christmas movie. Any ideas?

By Sharon

Try using old dvd's of movies of Christmas attach all over your door.

You could decorate with one or more Christmas movie posters.

Go to this link and type in movie titles you're interested in to see what they have available: ... :te&js=3&jsid=27448&jt=1

I searched for "Miracle on 34th Street" and there were two (the original and the most recent version) for about $10.00 each: ... .asp?keywords=miracle+on+34th+street

November 21, 2013 Flag

I need ideas on decorating an office door for Christmas, with a Harley theme. I am looking for something to really get everyone's attention.

By Ann L

Do a Harley with Santa on it, but have the handlebars be threeD and come out of the door with stuffed white gloves attached Santa's hand. Make arms of red felt, stuffed and attached to the gloves. These gloved arms would also be coming out of the door.

December 2, 2010 Flag

Each year we decorate our office doors in the law firm where I work. I cant come up with anything this year. Any ideas? Something funny or cute would be nice.

Shanon from Mt. Pleasant, NC

Ideas For Decorating Office Doors For Christmas

not sure what kind of law you practice? if specialty, could 'personalize' a bit beyond this, but how about an image - drawing, paper picture/image, or flat-nearly flat cloth Santa, knocking at your door? it could be a back view of Santa most easily, close to life-size or not, one white gloved hand up knocking, near your name tag, the other hand behind his back with rtorn up red bag of gifts? Rudolph with band aid on his nose and bandage on a leg? This keeps it to Santa so is more 'holiday' vs Christmas.

By patti

Ideas for Decorating Office Doors for Christmas

For the past three years my husband's co-workers have decorated their doors. They have someone not connected to the business come in and judge and there are cash prizes. This year they are having a "theme". Every door has to have something to do with a Christmas song. I think this would be extremely funny, but he had already decided to do "Silent Night". Anyway, my idea is "Do You Hear What I Hear?" and just have a lot of ears on the door...plain human ears, ears with an earring, ears with a hearing aid, and even animal ears, like sheep, cows, dogs, cats, etc. I know, I have a warped sense of humor, but I think it would be funny!

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do. (11/29/2007)

By matjat

In my opinion, funny or cute decorations aren't appropriate for a law firm's office. I'd stick with traditional items like a wreath. Decorations should be classy.

Also, you might consider the many people who don't celebrate Christmas. (Gosh, I cant believe I said that!) Perhaps you want to use the colors of our Jewish friends, blue and silver. You want everyone to feel comfortable in your office. You want everyone's business. Be inclusive, but don't go overboard with it. Be subtle. I think candles are appropriate for everyone. I also think anything from nature is appropriate for everyone. Real evergreenery or pine cones that type of thing. Who could be offended with items from God's beautiful world?

Merry Christmas! (11/30/2007)

By Carol in PA

One year we did the same thing and one lady decided to do something different.

She put blue foil on her door and decorated with individually wrapped holiday candies. White ones falling like snow, green ones as a tree and wreath, red for tree and wreath decorations. She then had a child cutout with a Salvation Army blanket around his shoulders and a teddy bear in his arms. (Being a Graphic Designer she was great at drawing too)

She hung a decorated "bank" on her door knob and asked that people help themselves to the candy after placing a donation in the "bank". She would replenish whatever was taken to keep her door full of candy. After the holidays she had raised $105 that she donated to the local Salvation Army in the name of our department. (11/30/2007)

My idea would be to decorate the door like a tree and take a photo of each person in the office to make the ornaments. The star of the tree could be the founder of the company or a picture of everyone. For the garland: each person could write what Christmas means to them. on long strips of colored curved paper. The Lights: could be the LED flashing lights that come with a sticker on the back of them. (My son found them at Walmart) (11/30/2007)

By Laura

What about wrapping the doors as if they were presents ? I do this to pictures hanging on my wall at home. (12/04/2007)

By krisandjohn

One year, I did a picture of me and my 2 best friends and I put them on top of camels, walking across a desert and the title was "We Three Queens".
Then I did a revised We three Kings song and posted on the door. Of course the song eluded to many people/things in the office. Very cute! (03/20/2008)

By Joy

Last year I decorated my office door like a fire place. I got red and white felt material from Wal-mart, and I had little stockings that I got for $1.00 and I put everyone's name on them. I covered the door in green wrapping paper. I came in second place. But I had fun doing it. I can't wait to do it again this Christmas. I'm already thinking of ideals. (08/03/2008)

By Lady V

Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations IndoorDecember 5, 2012
woman using computer
Using Microsoft Office Programs
Office Decorations
Ideas for Decorating an Office
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
Feng Shui Decorating, Feng Shui Decorating
Feng Shui Decorating