Updating My Computer

My computer has been stored away for about seven months. Within a month, I will be using it again. Can anyone advise me the best way to do all my various updates -- Microsoft, anti-virus, spyware, etc. without causing any problems? Thanks for the help.

Mike from NE PA

Just go to the microsoft,spyware etc home page and down load up dates.

Mike

Should be no problem. Most of your list will be automatically updated as you log on to each program and go online. If not, click on the "Look For Updates Here" (or similar) in the programes window, and all should be well. If all else fails simply re-install the program.

Mysteriously I've had several crashes on two other computers that I had packed with all the "latest necessities"/updates, etc. My son tipped me off to just doing the absolute LEAST, nothing extra, not even "anti-virus", to this next computer I was given, and advised to never do "computer checks/repairs", or downloads of any kind. He was so right.

I've had not a single problem that was not with the server, that could not be easily repaired via their tech advisors, and it's been over a year now. Just sign up for your favorite server/basics, from freebe discs at local merchants. I use AOL, because they offered the best value, and then check

to see if you really NEED all the other "stuff". My lean

machine is older and slower, but has none of the

"usual" problems I got from Adobe, anti-virus/spyware, various video viewer-ware, oddball software, and all the heavy Microsoft things, outside office professional (2000).

Bill Gates announced that there would be no more tech support for any Windows breakdowns, so we're

sort of on our own anyway. For some strange reason

the leaner...the cleaner, if you know what I mean? It took my proving it to myself to believe it.

Good luck. :- )

I used to have antivirus & firewall protection. Then I would start to have problems with my computer; i.e., viruses, etc. The antivirus & firewall protection were then deleted & I had no problem. Occasionally I would put them back in & viola, problems again. I would also occasionally have the computer checked for viruses, etc. & right away problems started occuring. So now I have no antivirus protection & no firewall protection. I've had no problems at all (and, believe it or not, my computer is 8 years old & still going strong.) The less the better.

Thank you for all your help and information. Another question I have is while my computer is downloading and running all the updates I will be online, is my computer in danger of any getting any viruses or any other type problems? Being that I have to be online to get the updates, isn't my computer at risk? Thanks again.

Computers UpgradingDecember 19, 2006
cigarette smell computer
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odors from a Computer
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
Cleaning a Laptop Keyboard, Photo of a laptop keyboard.
Laptop Computer Tips and Tricks
A stack of CDs or DVDs
Saving Money On Computer Software
🎉
🎄