Washing Petite Sophisticate Suits

I have several suits that I would like to try to wash in the washing machine. They are all Petite Sophisticate Collectibles and the fabric is 71% acetate and 29% polyester. Is it safe to wash these on the gentle cycle, just once in a while? I've tried dry cleaning and using the dry cleaning stuff that goes in the dryer but they still smell dirty to me. Are there any other Petite Sophisticate junkies like me out there that have washed their suits in the washing machine? Or anybody else with advice? Thanks a bunch.

Allison from TN

I've found that any fabric with very much acetate content doesn't wash well even in Woolite.

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingSeptember 12, 2006
Pressure Washing a House
Pressure Washing Your House
Closeup of African American Man with Dreadlocks
Washing Dreadlocks
A business suit with a white shirt and red tie.
Saving Money on Men's Suits
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume