ClothingCleaning

Washing Petite Sophisticate Suits

I have several suits that I would like to try to wash in the washing machine. They are all Petite Sophisticate Collectibles and the fabric is 71% acetate and 29% polyester. Is it safe to wash these on the gentle cycle, just once in a while? I've tried dry cleaning and using the dry cleaning stuff that goes in the dryer but they still smell dirty to me. Are there any other Petite Sophisticate junkies like me out there that have washed their suits in the washing machine? Or anybody else with advice? Thanks a bunch.

Allison from TN

Answers

I've found that any fabric with very much acetate content doesn't wash well even in Woolite.