Organizing Change

As the treasurer for a small community group, I often have to carry heavy bags of coins to the bank. To lighten my load, I take the coins to my workplace - a pizza store - and exchange them for notes. My banking becomes easier, and the store gets some much-needed spare change (which is something it often runs low on, as people usually pay with notes, not coins). This solution would also work well with small corner stores and garage sales - any place that needs coins but doesn't necessarily have a high turnover.

By Casey178 from Australia

Excellent thinking - and thanks for being honest when it comes to exchanging those coins. I suppose a less honest person would be tempted to slip a few notes or coins into their own pocket rather than exchange fairly for the benefit of their employer. You get my vote!

Photo of lots of loose change.
Organizing Change
Organizing MiscellaneousJuly 8, 2011
Quart of Oil, Rag and Funnel
Saving Money on Oil Changes
dried spices
How Long Do Dried Herbs and Spices Last?
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Loose Change on White Background
Finding Loose Change
🎉
🎄