Replacing Leather Covered Cabinets

I bought a house and it has leather covered kitchen cabinets. Have you heard of this and are they easy to replace?

Constance from, Westfield NY

If the doors are the only thing covered in leather you can purchase new doors. Sand the frames and stain or varnish to the color of your choice.

If the doors are a panel covered in leather you can remove the panel from the back after you remove the doors from the frames. You can then replace the panel with clear or frosted glass the same size as the panel.

If the leather is in on the panel you might be able to save the panel after removing the the leather if possible then sand the frames on cabinet, door frames and the panel and stain to your choice.

Also if you want to go old school country you can replace the panel with a sheet of copper that you poke with designs or patterns found on the net to make the cabinets look like an old biscut safe.( you have to be my age to rember granny's safe,)

I have never seen leather kitchen cabinets so these are just some ideas, but I would think that leather in the kitchen would be the worse kind of headache to care for. Good Luck! :)

Thank you for taking the time to advise me. I really appreciate it. I will let you know how the leather cabinets turn out.

Is it genuine leather or a vinyl look alike? Regardless, I can see why you'd want to be rid of it! dpool from memphis has the same ideas I would suggest.

Home and Garden Home Improvement MiscellaneousAugust 6, 2007
Replacing a Dishwasher
Replacing a Dishwasher
Wood Kitchen Cabinets
Cleaning Wood Cabinets
White painted kitchen cabinets.
Cleaning Painted Cabinets
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
🎄
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 23, 2016 at 9:39:52 AM on 10.0.0.235 in 920 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.