Painting Wicker Furniture

How do I paint wicker furniture? I have a huge set that my boyfriend bought me for Mother's Day. I love it! It is vintage wicker. I'm not even sure if I should paint it. Thanks!

Jan from Atlanta, GA

Best Answer

I have sprayed 3 different sets of wicker I have found curbside. I use a wire brush to scrape the chippy paint if need be and then I spray paint white. I always use Rustoleum or Krylon spray. It always works well!

Best Answer

If it's vintage and in really good shape I think I'd be tempted just to clean it well and then clearcoat it. I'm into the shabby chic style, tho, and something that looks shiny and new just doesn't really appeal to me. If you do decide to paint it, go with several thin sprayed on coats.

Judy in VA

You will have to spray it, no way to brush it on and make it look good. Clean and scrape anything loose off first and then spray away! Good luck!

Always use spray paint -- much easier than brushes!

Thanks to all of you for your suggestions. Going to try and get it done by the weekend.

Jan in Atlanta

Painted Wicker Chair
Painting Wicker Furniture
Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RefinishingOctober 11, 2008
Laminate Furniture
Painting Laminate Furniture
Wicker Furniture
Waterproofing Wicker Furniture
Wicker Basket
Repairing Wicker Baskets
cat on a wicker chair
Repairing Cat Scratches on Wicker Furniture
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 15, 2017 at 1:28:21 AM on 10.0.0.78 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.