Best Way to Cook Steak

What's the best way to cook a steak?

By gigges from Manchester, UK

I'm not in favour of this modern way of cooking meat which ends up practically raw. Apart from anything else, I don't think it is safe. When I cook sirloin steaks, I oil a piece of tinfoil and place the steak on it. I then add sliced onion, mushrooms and sprinkle half an Oxo beef cube over it. Wrap it up and cook in oven at around 160 degrees C. for about an hour. You end up with a nice moist steak with tasty juices!

Medium rare steaks are perfectly fine and they are tasty. Have eaten them that way my entire life with no problems and I am 55. The trick is to make sure they are fresh.

Whether skillet cooked or on the BBQ just cook on medium high. Place on skillet or grill, and cook until juices flow up on to the top of the steak and 'do not' pierce with a fork or knife during that time or the steak will not remain moist. Once a good amount of juices flow up then turn the steak over and cook for only 30 to 60 seconds longer.

You can cook with or without spicing and eat plain or dip in horseradish or season to taste after cooking or you can cook with pre-seasoning of any sort. Hope this is of help :-)

I call this feathering the steak. I take a knife and slice down across steak about 1/4 of steaks thickness and 1/2" apart across steak and opposite direction on other side then apply olive oil and steak rub and rub in real good. Then cook on grill.I flip the steak a lot and right before it is done, I start to bast it with this steak sauce and beer mixed. It cooks the steak in the inside like it does around the edges.That's it. I can't stand it any more I am going to fire up the grill.Every time our friends hear that we are cooking steaks her they come. I love it.

rump steak with yellow plum sauce
Cooking Steak Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Recipes Meats Beef SteaksSeptember 6, 2009
Slow Cooked Steak
Slowing Cooking a Steak in the Oven
cube steak with mac and cheese and a side salad
Recipes Using Cube Steak
steaks in a supermarket meat case
Saving Money on Steak
Mushroom Steak
Mushroom Steak Recipes