TelevisionsElectronics

Curtis LCD TV Reviews

Category Televisions
Product: LCD TV

Manufacturer: Curtis

Request: How good are Curtis LCD TVs?

Kyle from Manchester. CT

Just my opinion, but DLP is much better then LCD right now. I know you want HDTV but wait just a little longer for LCD. The new generations of LCD's that are coming out will have a LONG lifespan and carry HDTV (16x9) for a long time. DLP then Plasma are still better and last longer. I love HDTV and I have a DLP overhead projector (set at 73" right now) and if I could I would buy the 72" stand-alone but I've compared DLP to LCD and DLP is still the best.

Actually this is not true. Eventhough I own a DLP myself. DLP have been proven time after time not to be better than LCD they have a running record of about 10% of them needing repairs within the first year. LCD on the other hand in at 3%. Another factor to consider and I know this now because I am in the process of doing this with my TV is the replacement of the lamps which have to be done every 2 years or so at a cost from $200 to $450. So DLP is not as good as it should be.

Picked up a Curtis lcd today put on a movie, and one pixel is already broken, and shows an annoying green dot on the screen.

I have a tv/dvd combo that has a faulty screen. The image is cut off and when I called to trouble shoot the problem I suddenly found myself talking to a customer group in India. Nothing wrong with that eccept for the fact that they don't speak good english and for every question that they asked me I had to repeat myself at least three times. My phone call was dropped 3 times and when I finally did get a "manager" he told me that even though I was under the 1 year warranty I still had to pay for labor. Footnote He also gave me an obviously fake name which consisted of two last names. Names that I'm sure he hears a lot on tv.

I got a 32 inch for Valentine's day the by October it was broken. My husband went to hook up the jacks to connect the DVD player and it shocked him, smoked and caught on fire. I called the company, after speaking to someone for hours, and emailing someone from corporate several I was told there was nothing they could do and to replace it. I would have to send over $100 when my husband only paid $300 for it.

Needless to say I was above pissed. I have bought other flat screens I have had for years and they are still working great. I was very disappointed with the customer service and I would not buy another one. Stay away you can get a much better TV for the same price.