Hungarian Noodle Casserole
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds (I don't use)
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 cups (16 ounces) cottage cheese
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. Steak sauce
- 1 package (16 ounces) medium noodles, cooked and drained (I use wide noodles)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
In a large bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. Add the next six ingredients: mix well. Stir in cottage cheese, sour cream, steak sauce and noodles, and mix well. Pour into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and paprika. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until well heated through.
Note: The casserole may be covered and refrigerated overnight. Allow to stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
By Connie from Oden, AR
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
May 2, 20070 found this helpful
I will surely try this one - its sounds delish! But I am going to put some pre-cooked hamburger in it and mix before baking. Everything I have ever made of Connie's has been wonderful. Even when you play with them, as I do, the results are always right on.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 20, 2016 at 1:23:38 PM on 10.0.0.27 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us