Sweaty Feet

My 10-year-old daughter complains that her feet sweating. Yes, it's summer, but she says that they are sweaty in sandles too. Do you have any solutions - preferably not using over the counter products. I try to stay away from chemicals. I know I've read about soaking feet in tea (?) but I'm not trying to get rid of smell as much as the sweat.

Thanks.
Ann

Glad to see someone who avoids chemicals especially around kids! Baking soda sprinkled in her shoes will help with absorbing the sweat and I've heard that wiping her feet with rubbing alcohol before she puts socks on will help too. I would also make sure she's wearing only cotton socks (my feet sweat like crazy when I wear anything but cotton). My other concern is that excessive sweating *could* be a symptom of something more serious like a thyroid problem, maybe run it past her doctor just for peace of mind. She's also starting to enter those lovely pre-puebencent years so the sweaty feet could just be part of all of that too!

Good luck to you both!

Rebekah

If the baking soda doesn't work try powdered alum from the spice section of your grocery store - just be sure and wash your hands after applying or any time your hands come in contact w/the alum - there's absolutely no harm, but if you get alum in your mouth it's like licking deodorant or a biting a ripe persimmon!! Pucker up!!!

i also have sweaty feet and hands. its called hyper hydrosis.

i spray my feet and hands with antiperstperaent. i keep them as clean as possible. i also spray the cucumber spray from avon on them. i find that cools them off.

I also have the world's sweatiest feet. It may have started in puberty many years ago, but the problem never went away. It seems my feet sweat even more in sandals, so cotton socks are very helpful. Soaking feet daily in a strong epsom salt solution helps. The tea soak helps, but discolors the feet. Also, at least once a week I use 1 capful of bleach to a half gallon of water and soak. My feet sweat so much that any deodorant or antipersperant applied rinses right off. Good luck. It's no fun.

I found a cure, balancing the body's pH. I am a minister and sweaty hands were a nightmare for me. I prayed for a cure and God sent me a natural product that worked in the first week I drank it. Visit my website at http://www.gohtn.com/marinaskinner. Try Coral Calcium free for 30 days. It worked for me!! Let me know.

Marina A. Skinner

www.marinaskinner@triad.rr.com

I need help! My feet sweet very badly, I had a doctor prescribe me dry sol it took along time for it to work, but it cut the problem in half. My feet still sweet and smell I work in a office the size of a bath room, and people smell it it's very bad. Help me please. I have no insurance so cant go back to doctors. I cant take this any more I just want to curl into a ball and die. I need help I never had this before. What do I do?

Have you try Iontophoresis?

Iontophoresis treatments have been researched and shown to help cure sweaty hand and foot by the International Hyperhidrosis Society, Sweat Solutions and AAFP.

You may also want to find out more other natural cures for excessive sweating at:

http://www.stopsweatinghelp.com/stop-sweating-naturally.html

Sweating Feet
Remedies for Sweating Feet
Health & Beauty AdviceSeptember 12, 2005
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Dog's paw, showing pads.
Remedies for Your Pet's Dry Feet
Caring for Your Dog's Feet
Caring for Your Dog's Feet
Sweaty Hand
Remedies for Sweaty Hands
🎄