Sausage and Okra Supper

Easy to make and the whole family loves it!

The amounts are not vitally important. Use your judgment at to what your family will eat.

• 1 bag frozen cut okra (about 16 oz. size)
  • Ad
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes (approximately 28 oz. size)
  • 1/2 cup frozen vegetable mix (onions, celery, bellpeppers) or equivalent amount of freshly chopped vegetables.
  • 1 tsp. chopped garlic (I use the chopped garlic in a jar)
  • salt, pepper to taste
  • Creole seasoning spices to taste
  • 1 to 2 lbs. smoked sausage, sliced (I use "hot")
  • 3 cups hot cooked rice.

Directions:

Put all ingredients except rice in in a large stewpot. Simmer on low for about 1 hour, stirring often to prevent sticking. There is no need to add any oil. You may need to add a little water if it cooks down too thickly. I cook mine until the sausage is done and the okra looks slightly wilted.

Serve over hot cooked rice. Add bread and a small salad to make a complete meal. Leave out the rice if you are diabetic or need a lower carb meal.

Servings: 4-6
Time:15-30 Minutes Preparation Time
1-2 Hours Cooking Time

Source: I got the idea after making okra and tomatoes along with grilled smoked sausage for supper and watching hubby mix all of his together on the plate.

By fatboyslimsmom from Many, LA

My husband and I both like okra and tomatoes and often have it over rice. I make vegetable-beef soup and add the canned okra and tomatoes to that, but never smoked sausage. We'll be trying it though as we also like good smoked sausage.

Thank you for sharing your recipe with us. It really sounds good.

Pookarina

Sliced okra on pile of fresh okra
Recipes Using Okra
Food and Recipes Recipes Main DishesJuly 30, 2010
fried okra
Cooking Okra
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Fixing Burnt Sausage
Small isolated okra with more in the background.
Freezing Okra
Okra Plant with Blue Sky in Background
Growing Okra
🎉
🎄