Christmas Card Ideas Using My Kids

Does anyone have any ideas for Christmas cards that would include my 4 kids? I have a step daughter 15, step son 10, a 9 year old son, and 5 year old son. Not sure what I am looking for, but any ideas would be great. Thanks.

By Brandi from VA

Best Answer

I have seen this idea on Martha Stewart, have your children lay down and spell out the word "JOY". this could use 4 kids, one for the J, two for the O and one for the Y. You would have to get on a ladder to photograph it from above. The ones I saw looked really cute. Good Luck.

Well, stores sell Christmas cards where you add your family picture to be the front design. There are companies that will custom print portrait Christmas cards too.

If you have Microsoft Office you can download a Card template, print you own picture and tape or paint it to the card you print. The thing about the card template is you get to print what you want on the inside. You could get your kids to :

1 - write what Christmas means to them

2 - write a Christmas poem

3 - write down their favorite things about Christmas

4 - make up a short Christmas story or poem (each kid makes one so you have 4 different cards when your done)

5 - Have each one draw/color the front of the card (some of the template have pictures you print and color)

6 - on the inside have the kids write their age and what they would like for Christmas (this is handy to send to relatives who normally buy your kids gifts but have no idea what they want; also if you have kids with birthdays up to 6 months after Christmas). This also might help people to know what to get on following years for younger kids that reach the age of the older ones. Hope that helps.

Two boys in santa hats looking out window in hopes of seeing Santa
Christmas Card Photo Ideas With Kids
Crafts ChristmasNovember 17, 2009
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Making Christmas Cards
Christmas Card Caption Ideas
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
🎉
🎄