Move Large Houseplants to Your Patio for Summer

If you have large house plants, place them outside near your patio doors. The plants will get extra sun in the summer and they will keep the sun out of the inside of your home.

By Marilyn from Duryea, PA

I move my Norfolk Pine and jade plant to the back deck. I must say the Nofolk Pine grows a good 6" every summer, and, of course it substitutes for my actually Chrismas tree, it looks really cute decorated. And, upon bring in my jade I noticed it has thousands of pink blooms on it, I wasn' even aware they bloom. Most of my other plants are good out in the sun, they burn and just don't react well. Well that's my input, hope it helps. Oh, by the way I FOUND the Jade plant pitched in a local park in a beautiful container and all, lucky me.

Home and Garden Gardening House PlantsJune 11, 2008
Fertilizing Houseplants
Fertilizing Houseplants
Installer Pavers
Making a Paving Stone Patio
Self Watering Houseplant
Watering Houseplants On Vacation
Blue Chairs and Table on Patio
Repairing Patio Furniture