Halloween Wreath

Time to get ready for those witches and goblins. This thrifty craft wreath was made in a matter of minutes from inexpensive things I found around the house and some clip art I found on the web. It is so ugly it looks like loads of fun for those fabulous Trick or Treaters that make their way through the neighborhood

Approximate Time: 20

• 5 yards orange crepe paper
  • 1 round foam wreath
  • tape
  • scissors
  • clip art or die cuts
  • ragged dried greenery
  • 6 yards Halloween ribbon or already made bow
  • two white twisty ties
  • glue gun and glue sticks
  • 6 inches fishing line to use for hanger

Cut out your clip art and set aside. If you use die cuts, you can skip this step. Cover your wreath with the orange crepe paper, cut and use tape for the ends.

Heat up your glue gun and add the dried greenery.

Add the clip art all around the wreath.

Tie a bow and use two wire twisty ties wound together to secure the bow. If you've never tied a bow, it is simple. Hold the center with several inches hanging down on one side.

Go from side to side and form a loop. I try to make my first loops small and then gradually get bigger. Leave enough at end to shape and hang down.

Attach the bow to the wreath with a touch of hot glue. Fluff your bow and add something to the center (I added a tombstone). Add the fishing line so it won't be noticed to hang the wreath by. Voila! You have about the ugliest wreath I have ever seen.

By Gem from VA

Creepy. My daughter will love it! Thank you.

What a great idea! I was wondering what to do for Halloween - I will add a pumpkin pic I think

You could use green bags to make this for christmas and add cinnamon sticks and pine cones

That is really cute. I will have to do something like this for my door.

Scarecrow in Halloween Wreath
Making a Halloween Wreath
Crafts Halloween DecorationsOctober 4, 2010
Candy Corn Wreath
Making a Candy Corn Wreath
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
Crocheted Wreaths
Making a Crocheted Wreath
Nightmare Before Christmas Yarn Wreath
Making a Nightmare Before Christmas Yarn Wreath