Keeping Pests From Flying Into Pitchers at a Picnic

When planning an outdoor party, it is always an issue of pests (bugs) flying into beverage pitchers. To control this problem, I hot glued some small metal spoons on two corners of a napkin (on the wrong side of the napkin); hot glue a pretty large button on the other corners of the napkin.

When draped over the pitcher, the spoons lay flat and will not allow pests to get into the pitcher. You can also hot glue pretty buttons on the corners of the napkins or dishtowels to put over platters of food when serving outdoors.

I used a large bandana, a dishtowel and a napkin for this tip!

I love this idea, we have alot of outdoor family get togethers, always with alot of food, (of course, lol) and i will definately be doing this

When I saw the title for this, I immediately thought of my 95 # dog flying onto a picnic table!!! Or drinking out of the jug! This is a great idea~

Editor's Whoops: It should have been Pests. I fixed it and now there is a picture.

You can also use pretty beads sewn on the corners of the fabric to act as weights. Thread several beads on string, embroidery thread or buttonhole thread and sew the end to the corners or around the edges of your napkin, dishcloth. You can often find beads or other ornamental items at garage sales.

I HAD MADE SEVERAL OF THESE FOR OUR RECENT FAMILY REUNION AND THE FOOD WAS KEPT BUG FREE!! EVERYONE LOVED THEM; I HAD MADE SOME WITH DISHTOWELS, HANDKERCHIEFS AND BANDANAS.

I've seen this idea made up in a catalog out of crocheted doillies with pretty beads dangling, as the weights. OOOOH! classy and victorian looking!--- They were probably expensive too. Buy doilies at Michaels and the like, and add your own color beads.

Two people at a picnic in Paris.
Keeping Bugs and Flies Away From Your Picnic
Crafts OtherJune 23, 2006
Driving vs. Flying
Driving vs. Flying
swarm of mosquitos
Getting Rid of Flying Insects
Five Pigeons
Getting Rid of Pigeons
Flying ant on a white background.
Getting Rid of Flying Ants
🎄