Battery Charger Reviews

Does anyone have good or bad experience with any household battery chargers, or can you reccommend a brand? How long does the charge last compared to buying new batteries, and is it really cost effective? I am new to this, but my two sons have so many educational toys that require batteries, and between one learning to walk/talk and the other learning math and reading, they are running up our grocery budget having to buy AA batteries all the time!

Kelly from Willamina, OR

I love love love my Energizer rechargerable batteries and charger. I bought it a almost 2 years ago and i have only used the 4 batteries that came with the charger. I have 2 in my remote and 2 in my digital camera. i have a gallon jug here with all the old batteries that i bought and they dont have enough charge to work my digital but i use them for other things. So i would say that the rechargerable are very cost effective. i was buying a pack of batteries every week just to take pictures. and it dont take very long at all to charge the batteries. and they do last a long time in what ever you put them in.

Can you charge other (current) batteries, or only use the ones it comes with/reccommends? How much does the Energizer kind usually sell for?

When I bought my digital camera a few years ago it came with a battery charger. Because I use my camera so much I decided to purchase another battery charger to have lots of extra batteries.

I looked online and found Thomas Distributing battery company and bought a charger from them. My charger holds six AA batteries at once. While the batteries are charging, a red light stays on and once they have charged, the green light comes on. It doesn't take long to charge and I have had the same batteries for years. The charger will also recharge any type of batteries.

I bought an Energizer battery charger about 6 years ago. It was around $20 at that time and 4 AA batteries cost nearly $15. I debated on the expense, but after adding up how many batteries I used in a month's time, I went for it. I go through lots of batteries listening to books on tape. Well those old batteries are still working even after 1000's and I do mean 1000's of charges. I have puchased more AA'a for digital cameras and AAA's for the MP3 players along with smaller chargers. The prices have come down quite a lot since my first purchase, but the oldie has paid for itself many times over. I think any of them are a good investment for the money

Consumer AdviceFebruary 3, 2006
Riding Mower
Riding Mower Battery Won't Hold a Charge
Car Battery
Car Battery Tips
Jumper Cables
Jump Starting a Car Battery
Purple and Black wrist watch
Replacing a Watch Battery