Snowman Soup (Sugar and Fat Free)

This is my Christmas tip. I have a friend who is diabetic, and cannot have anything with sugar, but also cannot use Nutrasweet as it gives him headaches. So I devised a sugar free (also fat free) hot chocolate mix using Splenda. I put the mix in a clear jar, and labeled it with a paint pen. I wrote "Snowman Soup" on it and randomly made "Snowflakes" around the jar.

The recipe:

• 2 cups fat free milk powder,
  • 1 cup fat free coffee creamer
  • 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/4 cups Splenda.

Mix thoroughly and place in covered container.

To use, measure 1/3 cup into mug and fill with hot water. Stir well, enjoy!

If you can have sugar you can add it instead of the Splenda, but just want some low calorie hot chocolate, this would also be good, and you could even slip in a few mini-marshmallows .

By Harlean from Arkansas from Hot Springs, Arkansas

About The Author: Harlean Greathouse is a mother of three who has been married for 45 years. Long time readers of ThriftyFun will probably recognize her as Harlean from Arkansas, the name she has posted under as a valuable member of the ThriftyFun community. She specializes in wood crafts and enjoys designing crafts using recyclable materials, knitting, crochet and has been an arts and crafts vendor for over 35 years. Harlean has a CD available with 11 unique crafts designs for only $5.00 (including shipping).

Thanks for the recipe. Will try to blend with decaf or regular instant coffee instead of cocoa and see if it mimics International Cafe' blends. No limit to the imagination!

Thank you so much for the recipe!!! I needed a gift to take to someone who is diabetic and I have been at a total loss until now.

Thank you for this! I can not have sugar either so want to make this as gifts for a few people but would like to do this for myself to keep on my counter for cold weather time! Thanks again!

Photos Holiday ChristmasDecember 16, 2005
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Fat Free Cream Cheese
Substituting Fat Free Cream Cheese When Baking
Mayonnaise in dish with fresh basil leaves.
Fat Free Mayonnaise Recipes
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
🎄