Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Swiffer Wet Jet Stopped Working

I have a Swiffer Wet Jet and love it. I have been using vinegar and water in the bottle. It just stopped one day, so I bought another one, and the same thing happened. Has anyone had the same problem? Do you think it is the vinegar and water?

Sue from New York

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By carl122204/30/2013

The idea of changing the batteries is essential. Your WetJet may sound like the batteries are good yet not work. Changing the batteries magically brings it back to life!

By Ann G [1]02/09/2013

Thank you thriftyfun! I have mastered the art of unclogging swiffer wet jets. First, rise off the jets with hot water and stick a pin up into each jet. I used a quilting pin because they are thin and about 1.5 inches long and have a nice round head so it's easy to pull it in and out. Then I replaced all four AA batteries. The swiffer wet jet requires fresh batteries. (Still cheaper than paying someone else to mop my floor.) Now both of my wet jets work like new. I had bought the second one before accepting that this problem required some research.

By April (Guest Post)01/19/2009

I had one stop working on me too. I went and bought another one. It wouldn't work either. Had my "My Blonde Moment". Check the batteries! Now they BOTH work Great!

By Mary (Guest Post)01/15/2009

My wetjet did this too after about six months of regular use. I did two things. First I cleaned the end where the cleaner squirts out (it was slightly clogged) and then I changed the batteries. Worked like a charm after that. Hope this helps.

By susan [5]01/14/2009

I sure hope someone posts an answer, because I just bought one and plan on doing this too. I'd like to head any problems off before they happen.