BakingFood Tips

Using Chocolate Pudding Mix For Cookies

With double coupons a couple years ago, I bought for next to nothing, about 12 chocolate pudding mixes, the cooked kind, not the instant. Does anyone have a recipe for using a cooked pudding mix in a cookie dough? Nothing comes up under google. I would like to use these up but do not want to make that much pudding.

Valleyrimgirl

I know this isn't for cookies, but thought you may like to try this. Ice Cream Sauce- (from Kraft Kitchens) 1 small box of cook & serve pudding mix, 1/2 cp. sugar, 1 cp. water--cook and stir on low heat to a full boil--stir in 2 tble. butter. Use over icecream, etc. I've tried the chocolate and the banana over different flavors of icecreams. I'm going to try coconut cream mix over butter pecan next....

Not cookies, but still good :

Chocolate Pudding Candy

1 pk jello chocolate pudding mix

3/4 c white sugar

3/4 c brown sugar

1/2 c milk

3 tb butter

Combine pudding, sugar, and milk in a saucepan; blend well. Cook and stir

over low heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Continue cooking without

stirring until mixture comes to a full boil. Boil for 3 minutes. Remove

from heat, add butter immediately and beat until mixture thickens and loses

it's gloss (about 12 minutes). Pour into greased pan. Chill and cut into

squares.

Thanks for the recipes, Judy and Gayle. I'd like to try them since they both sound easy to make. I like the idea of making candy that you do not have to use a candy thermometer for to make sure it got to the right temperature.

This recipe is for cutout cookies for teddy bear or gingerbread man shapes. Decorate with frosting, raisins, coconut, mini marshmallows, whatever. The recipe came from the free Kraft Food and Family magazine.

Chocolate Holiday Bears

3/4 c. butter, softened

3/4 c. firmly packed brown sugar

1 pkg (4 serving size) instant chocolate pudding

1 egg

1 3/4 cups flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp ground cinnamon (my note: this was a bit much for my taste, I would use 1/2 txp next time)

Preheat oven to 375. Beat butter, sugar, dry pudding mix, and egg in large bowl on medium speed until well blended. Combine remaining dry ingredients and gradually add to pudding mixture, blending well. Form into ball. (Refrigerate up to 1 hr of dough is soft.) Roll out on lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Cut out with 4" cookie cutters and place on greased baking sheet. Bake 12 to 14 mins. or until slightly firm.

Lynn, the pudding mixes I have are not the instant kind, they are the cooked kind. But the recipe you posted sounds like one I will keep for future use. I was hoping to find some recipes for using the cooked kind because I have a "few" boxes of them. One of the web sites said that a cooked pudding mix used instead of an instant pudding mix would make the cookies gritty and dry and I don't want that.

I used to have a great fudge recipe where you used the non-instant chocolate pudding mix.

Why not prepare it like it says and make parfaits. Put layers of mini chocolate chips or shaved chocolate candy bar pieces, mini marshmallows, & chopped nuts. They'd be Rocky Road Parfaits. Could add a dollop of cool whip on top.

I'm glad someone can double coupon, none around here. Wish there were!

Go to Jello page for Fudge Recipes. There are are kinds of Recipes there