Preventing Bed Bugs from Moving Too

I recently moved into a house only to find out that its infested with bed bugs. The landlord knew it was infested, but yet let us move in anyway. They had pest control come in and spray, but Ive still got bugs.

I want to move, but don't know my rights here or how to move without leaving everything behind to avoid bringing the bugs with me to a new place. I can barely afford to move let alone buy new furniture. Help. Any suggestions appreciated.

By T from Ontraio, Canada

From what I have heard in order to get rid of bed bugs, pest control has to come in several times over a period of time to effectively get rid of the critters.

There are sprays from cdn tire to use in the mean time. Keep vacuuming and discard the remains out side with a spray on the garbage bag keep up on pest control.

Do not thow out your mattress. Buy full mattress covers. The covers will stop the bugs from biting you and it will also kill them as they have no way of getting food. Bought at your local pharmacy. Any items that cannot be washed in hot water in the washing maching will have to be bagged in heavy garbage bags. As for the couch, thow it out. Not much to do to ensure getting rid of the critters inside even with a spay applicaton. Also once all this is done, have the landlord spray the unit completely and if all others in the same apartment building do this, you won't be bothered again. Best of luck.

Cleaning product 409 kills insects fast. I would spray the mattress and all bed frame.

Another way is to put the mattress out doors in cool weather. Bed bugs die in cool temps.

I recently had a problem with bed bugs and I called every pest control getting different quotes that was out of my spending area, However I went into Bed Bath and Beyond and saw a product called Rest Easy. I have no more problems and it was only ten dollars. At least try it, and its safe around pets and it also has this Cinnamon like smell, so, you should try it, it really worked for me.