Substitute Fruit Puree For Sugar

If a dessert recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar, swap in 1/2 cup fruit puree. I make my own using apples, prunes, or pears. I also use jarred baby food when I can buy it on sale at the grocery store.

Instead of using syrup on pancakes and waffles, I make a raspberry sauce by mixing 1 cup berries with 1 tsp. cinnamon and cooking until thickened. I have also done this with blueberries and strawberries. Whichever fruit is in season and on sale is my choice. Syrup has so many additives in it which can't be good for any of us, unless you are buying pure maple syrup, which is so high in sugar and price.

Both of these tips will help cut your sugar intake.

Source: My mother in law taught me to do both of these ideas when she found out she was a border line diabetic.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

Food and Recipes Food Tips Healthy EatingAugust 10, 2010
Ground Cinnamon
Sugar Free Cinnamon and Sugar Recipes
Making Diabetic Powdered Sugar (Sugar Free)
spoon with drizzling agave syrup
Using Agave Nectar
Storing Sugar
Storing Sugar
🎄
🍂