Why Does My Riding Mower Shut Off When Blades Engaged?

My Poulan 42 inch deck, 16.5 hp, 6 speed riding mower shuts down when I try to engage the blades. It is less than a year old. What could be wrong?

By Gloria74 from Navarre, FL

You may want to check out the safety switches. For example,on my riding mower if I lift up off the seat while the mower is running it will shut down.

Our John Deer (DON'T BUY ONE) does this also, we have to let it warm up some even if it is warm out, then it will stay running and the blades will operate ok. good luck! sometimes i have to try to start blades several times before it stops killing the engine and will go.

Riding Mower
Riding Mower Keeps Stalling
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersMay 2, 2010
Wiper Blades on White Background
Changing Windshield Wiper Blades
Riding Mower
Repairing a MTD Riding Mower
removing riding mower wheel
Removing a Wheel from a Riding Mower
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start