Tingling Feet Caused By Neuropathy

I am looking for treatment ideas for tingling feet caused by Neuropathy.

Gwyneth from Plant City, FL

Lyrica or Neurontin or Cymbalta are used for neuropathy.

Lyrica is currently helping me.

Lysine patches can help numb them a little bit.

I hope this helps

Go to www.hsn.com and read about Diosmin. Diosmin will work. It helps your circulation . Diosmin has been used to heal ulcers of the skin as well as increase venous circulation and make veins stronger . Incidentally it helps hemorrhoids also. In Europe, it is prescribed as the drug 'daflon' but not here as yet in the U.S. however. Andrew Lessman sells the supplement on hsn and it has many excellent reviews by people who have tried it. It has no side effects . However if you are on a blood thinner ask your doctor if you can take it. You can buy it at almost any health store. cathy from ma

Have you had your blood glucose levels checked? I had this problem for months and once my blood sugars were in control, no more neuropathy. Hugs, cinnamon

My husband has had this problem for years now and so does our daughter and sisterin-law. My husband takes Neurontin but it is very expensive so he uses the generic Gabapentine. It works good for him. Just a little advice: look out for uclers on your feet, keep a look out if you get any type of cuts or scratches on you feet. He isn't a diabetic. He has Char-tooth Marine sydrome. There is blood work that can be done to see if you have this condition. It is inhertied. Good Luck Angie

Hi

I am back. I forget a few tips. You can soak your feet in warm epson salt water and trying do stretching excerises.

Angie

Hey, check out these things I saw at the last home show called patio foot spas. The lady said they're great for all kinds of therapy. I think they're called ashiyus.

I have recently experienced neuropathy of unknown cause. I find that massaging my feet several times a day really helps.

You might also want to check B-12 levels - low levels can cause neuropathy.

Before you go to the doctor and have to pay through the nose for 5 minutes, or try any of the mentioned neurontin/gabepentin or other drugs (which DO have serious side effects), try a bottle of Spring Valley Natural Super Vitamin B Complex from walmart. It's a green bottle with yellow cap.

My podiatrist recommended it for me because I have a neuropathy like you, even though I'm not diabetic.

Within 1 week I noticed the difference, and am so happy I don't have to suffer the consequences of those prescriptions/drugs or the costs of them. I take 1 tablet every morning and haven't had a tingle, itch, burn or pain in a couple of years!

Do you have diabetes? Neuropathy is sometimes a result of it. I would suggest getting checked for it.

Cymbalta is sometimes used for diabetic neuropathy when it gets bad.

Do you walk? I think exercise is good for circulation.

(submitted via email)

I have recently bought a pair of CROCS and found the inners uncomfortable but put in foam rubber insoles and wear them everywhere. The soles are wider than ordinary shoes and help with stability. Also, during hot weather, I have a bowl of cold water and love to step in just to cool the heat of the neuropathy.

Gwyneth

I've had this neuropathy for about 10 yrs. now and have used gabapentin for about the same time, the lyrica is ok but the gabapentin works best for me. Have you checked your diet? I've found that if I eat any kind of white bread, rice, macaroni, (any kind of grain product and stuff like that), my feet burn like a you know what. I learned to pick and choose for the day cause of the pain is really, really bad at bed time. I love popcorn but if I eat it after a certain time I'm royally climbing the wall. Check your diet , check your b-12 like mirraj said, check your blood sugar levels. What we say here works for each of us differently but really check your diet, blood sugar levels, and b-12 level and good luck. I hope you find a happy medium with your pain.

I have idiopathic neuropathy in my feet which has been building for several years. It's very painful now. Wearing a pair of Crocs is the best thing I've found. Way better than any other shoes or sandals. Beyond that, I have no solutions. I haven't taken prescription pain drugs yet, but I'm getting there. Help ! Has anyone tried acupuncture ?

blaisearena @ yahoo. com

I took 3200 mg. dailyof gaberpintina for 6 mos with no change. Also Lyrica,no change. Three blood sugar test,do not have diabetes. Three years on Cymbalta 60 mg. for depression. Have had acupuncture ,magnetic electronic thepory, custom shoe insoles made and both neuromas removed in my right foot. Nothing is any better, 4 years of pain so far. Starting the third week trying a rub named ZOSTRIX-HP it is for arthritis and treating neurlglas. Sold at Walgreens is OTC.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesOctober 23, 2008
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Causes of Dry Hands and Feet
Dog's paw, showing pads.
Remedies for Your Pet's Dry Feet
Caring for Your Dog's Feet
Caring for Your Dog's Feet
Sweating Feet
Remedies for Sweating Feet
🎄