Room Color SchemesDecorating

Accent Ideas for a White, Peach, and Teal Kitchen

I am having trouble accenting my kitchen after painting it peach (slight yellow tone). I can't find curtains, etc. that look right. My countertops are white with specs of teal green and peach with a dark teal backsplash. The cabinets are white with antique brass handles. My dining area next to the kitchen is painted a Navajo white and has copper accents, valance, etc. Would you repaint the kitchen or is there an accent color that would blend with the colors I have?

By C.S.B.

How about making curtains? You should be able to find a fabric to go with your kitchen. Easy straight stitching is all you need.

You don't need any more colors, but you can use tints (color + white) or tones (color + black) of the colors already used. I would suggest go with the one most dominate color to make an outstanding dominate color. Repeating the color of the dining area would tie the two areas together and allow the accent colors to be seen as accents. My concern is the number of colors compete and do not allow any one color to be seen as a background for the accents.

I would repaint the walls in a lighter shade of teal. It looks best with what you have. If not teal, try a taupe color, a cool beige.