Secure Donated Electronic Parts Together

This tip goes out to all you frugal living people who remember to give back! Donations can often be nothing more than someone looking for the use of a free dumpster, and gently used is the key.

When donating any electronics, such as TVs, VCRS, Radios, etc. and/or any battery operated items; use a piece of masking tape to secure battery covers, cords, and separate pieces, and on the tape tell if the piece is broken, runs good, new, needs repair, etc.

The other day when sorting through the donations I received at our Sheltered Workshop, I came across the unusual instance where the donor cared if his donations ended up as nothing more than, just more trash, and cared if someone tripped up over a dangling cord.

It was nice not to have to test run, find batteries, hookup, unhook, etc. I have employees to cater to and testing items, takes up much of my time. And to know that the donor cared if I broke an arm, well, I made sure he was in my thoughts this Thanksgiving.

By Dede from Macon, MO

This is SOOO important! ...I'm an avid thrift-shopper & I know how frustrating it is to try to find the right cord that goes with your item. I also know for a fact that the person who sorts & prices the items at the second-hand store will just throw the item away if all the parts aren't taped on. He or she won't take the time to look through the box to find all the parts. It's such a treat to find everything all taped together & an extra bonus to find a note written on the tape it that says how it works!

Don't Donate to Salvation Army. Choose Goodwill instead. Prices are too high for those less fortunate.

Just one example of my experiences at Salvation Army, was a recent donation including a playstation steering wheel, still in the box, instructions included. Upon a return trip, it was on the shelf, unboxed, no directions, for $28 dollars! What is wrong with that picture! C'mon Folks!

I love to donate all clutter and I like your idea. I try to use baggies and such and include batteries, light bulbs, etc. Sad to say, too many people 'donate' (trash!) just to get away with not paying the pennies for garbage service. I am currently living in a town that makes garbage service mandatory, bundled with the water and sewer bill, and it makes people put their trash with trash and not in ditches, back roads or 'donated'. Good tip, glad you posted that.

Better Living Charity TipsDecember 18, 2008
green peppers growing
Growing Peppers and Tomatoes Together
Belt on White Background
Craft Uses For Belts
car gear parts in carton box
Saving Money on Parts for Old Cars
Recycling Electronics
Recycling Electronics
🎉
🎄