DishesCleaning

Dishwasher Turns Plastic Pink

We don't eat a lot of spaghetti and we just bought a house with a dishwasher. Sometimes my dishwasher turns all my plastic pink! I cannot figure it out! Its a pale pink, not orange like tomato sauce stains. Some of the stuff I had will not go back to its original color so now my coffee pot filter holder and my ice trays are pink!

Does anyone else have this problem? I keep wondering if it is the cascade dishwashing powder. I switch to electrosol and it does not seem to happen anymore.

Has anyone tried that plastic booster stuff? Does it work?

sarah_bellum from Saint Louis

Put a cap fill of "TANG" orange drink powder mix in and run it through. My have to do it twice for some things. Not sure what is exactly in it, but this works for me.

The Cascade plastic booster does work. I had several plastic dishes that were red tinged (we do like spaghetti!!) and this stuff cleared them right up.

I soak my plastic dishes in hot water mixed with baking soda t remove the stains when they happen.

I used cascade and found the same things happening as you do. Not sure what does it but i have lost many gladware containers to the trash becuase of it. I recently bought a new dishwasher and switched soap and the no longer turn pink