Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Permanent Marker From Photos

Is there away to get permanent marker off photos?

By Lilliemae from Cincinnati, OH

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Removing Permanent Marker From Photos

My mother wrote on the back of several portraits with a permanent marker and then stacked them on top of the other before the ink was dry. Hence, there is now smudges of the ink on the front of several of the pictures. I tried using a damp cotton swab to gently lift what I could, some "lightened" but didn't remove the ink completely. Does anyone have any advice as to how to remove the ink without damaging the photos?

Robbie from Knoxville,TN

RE: Removing Permanent Marker From Photos

Melaleuca Company has a product called sol-u-mel. It is all natural and you can apply it directly to the photo with no harm. It also has many other uses as well. Check out the website Melaleuca.com (10/26/2007)

By Jill.

Thank you so much for the tip. I haven't tried it yet, but know about Sol-u-mel. I accidentally got permanent marker on some photos of my sons and I that were taken just before my oldest shipped off to basic training, and have tried everything I can think of to remove it to no avail. I'm praying this works! (11/14/2008)

By Brenda

How do you remove permanent marker from a photo?

By amandaairport1 from Bowling Green, KY

Try turpentine. Do a test on an unwanted photo. (09/18/2009)

By Cajun62234