Cleaning Out Your Toaster

How do you clean buttered crumbs and jelly crumbs from inside your toaster? Can you use electrical spray cleaner? Will that break down the jelly and butter crumbs so they will fall in the crumb try? Will the spray cleaner cause any damage?

sbfouru from St. Peters. Missouri

My toaster has a little door on the bottom to open and clean it out. I'd think that if you were just blowing a compressed air spray into the toaster, it'd be messy but okay. I wouldn't spray anything else in there.

Good luck!

I agree, use the compressed air. But next time don't let anything like that in your toaster (unless it is a toaster oven) The hot oils can start a fire!

Why in the world would you butter or put jelly on the bread BEFORE you toast it????

I hope you're talking about a toaster oven, not a pop up- never heard of butter and jam in one of those before!

Yes I do not know why there would be jelly and butter in your toaster!

LOL... if you have kids 'Anything' is possible (m&ms's in the VCR) ;)

I use a toothbrush to scrape off crumbs and food on my heating elements. I have an air compressor but canned air will work just as good. I try to clean all my elec. appliances once a month, inside and out.

A messy toaster.
Cleaning a Toaster
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJune 4, 2006
Cleaning a Toaster Oven
Cleaning a Toaster Oven
Toaster
Removing Bread Stuck in a Toaster
white toaster
Cleaning Melted Plastic From a Toaster
Woman Using Toaster
Toaster Product Reviews
🎄