Cardboard Sheets for Shipping

I'm looking for clean flat sheets of cardboard around 18X24 for shipping posters that I sell on Ebay. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Bob from Catonsville, MD

You can buy poster board which is about the same weight as card stock only much larger. You might have to use more than one thickness to protect the posters. Another thought is to check with those places that send packages. They might have some ideas. And there is always the "foraging amongst friends for what you need" routine.

Visit your local Burger King. They get their buns (at least here in Florida) in large boxes that have "flats" separating the layers of buns. These are right at 18x24 and are clean.

I sold some vintage magazine ads that were about that size on ebay and needed the same type stable way of shipping. I was mailing them priorty and the postal worker said just get the priorty boxes that would be about that size (while they were still flat and not yet put together) and place them inside that way and mail. She put tape around the outside edges and folded the tape over. She said the boxes do not have to be folded together to use. As long as the to & from addresses & the postage was clearly visible. So I do that now on all ads I sell that I do not want to roll bend or crease. If you are sending parcel post you could just turn the priority boy inside out I suppose. Most of the time I ship priority though so it works fine. After I place it inside I usually have about 2-3 inches still free around the ad for clearance, so when the box is opened they do not cut into the ad. Sometimes I even write on the box a small phrase even stating that so the receiver knows.

try online at www.papermart.com or roll the posters and send in mailing tubes. With the mailing tubes it is less chance of accidental creases or folds made in shipping.

PULL TABS & CHRISTMAS WRAP TUBES: If you're looking for cardboard sheets, then go to any bar that sells "Pull Tabs" (if your State allows them) & ask them if they can save a bundle for you... These days everyone loves to recycle, so they'll probably be happy to save them for you! My daughter works as a "Pull Tab Gal" at a huge bar & often brings home VERY NICE sheets of cardboard (some are white & some are brown) for me & my granddaughter to finger-paint on & most are just about the size you're asking about. Also, think about rolling them up. Ask your friends & family to save the rolls Christmas wrapping paper comes on this year. Perfect for mailing out posters!

I also sell on eBay and according to USPS it is a federal violation to turn priority boxes inside out and use them for parcel post shipping.

i called the post office and marge is right, you can only use them flat as i did buy sending priority method used flat not unfolded. you can use regular boxes and just keep them flat as well. most grocerie stores will give you boxes free, just undo them and use flat style if you perfer sending parcel post verses priority.

Check out uline.com. I ordered one of their catalogs and they have everything imaginable. Prices aren't bad either.

Granny Marcia

I have long had the trouble of getting boxes as companys want me to buy large quanties at one time to get type of price. I found a tool that is called a bone tool. With a striaght edge you run this over the cardboard and this will make a crease that allows for a fold. I buy blank cardboard in 4 x 8 sheets and make a template and now make my own boxes and save a ton. Check out how to make a cardbox search on interenet and you will find you can make box yourdelf for cheap

Consumer Advice Product FinderOctober 29, 2007
Fragile Label on Cardboard Shipping Box
Shipping Breakables
Hand Cart With Box That Reads Free Shipping
Saving Money on Shipping Charges
Making Cardboard Box Playhouses
Making Cardboard Box Playhouses
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🎉
🎄