BirthdayGifts

Ideas for Boyfriend's 51st Birthday

I just met my man for life 4 months ago. He will be 51 on 11/13/10. I want to do something special as a surprise for him. I thought of going to Dave and Buster's for fun, but the place is not located in CT. Do you have any suggestions on what to do as we are a new couple?

By Evelyn from New Britain, CT

One year I had the best time sending my man on a scavengers hunt, (for me). My next door neighbor came over and gave him a note with a clue. He followed clues to about three or four places (each place had a trinket for him and a clue where to go next). You could lead him to his Birthday Party this way or just to you waiting at a special table with his favorite drink and dinner.

If you have the capability why not make him a special CD for his birthday? It doesn't have to be about relationships or love, just good music in general. Or a gift certificate to someplace he likes that you might not necessariy go. You can also go on like and search for unusual or unique gifts. You might get more ideas.

I would go dancing or go to a restaurant of your choice a nice one not something that you normally go to.

You haven't been together very long so there should be lots of places you haven't gone to that would be different. Some place for dancing would be nice, if you are dancers. How about a nice get away time in a fancy hotel with dinner and then a jacuzzi suite? A concert or play that you both would like? Maybe something active or sporty, tickets to a game or some activity (in winter, I'd go skiing, but don't know what there is to do in Nov where you are). If money is an issue, a meal that you cook for him with special foods that he would like, candles, wine and so on. Or if you are party type people, host a birthday party for him at your house. Invite your friends. Have cake and take pictures.

Don't overdo the birthday gift. I like to give an article of clothing like a sweater or shirt, because then when your man wears it, he thinks of you.