Shake and Make Ice Cream

This is a great thing for children to do. Younger ones might get bored shaking, but I think it would be good for a 7 to maybe 10 years old.

Ingredients

• 2 TB sugar
  • 1 cup half-and-half
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
  • 6 TB Rock salt (very inexpensive)
  • 1 pint-size plastic zip lock bag
  • Ad
  • 1 gallon-size zip lock bag
  • Crushed Ice

Directions

Combine the sugar, half-and-half and vanilla in pint-size zip lock bag and seal. Fill the gallon-size zip lock bag one-half full with crushed ice. Add the rock salt. Place the sealed, pint-size zip lock bag into the gallon size zip lock bag and seal.

Now here comes the hardest part:

Shake the gallon-size bag for 5-7 minutes or until the ice cream hardens. Open the small zip lock bag and enjoy.

Now this doesn't make a very large amount. Just enough to satisfy the maker of the concoction for all the hard work it took to shake. But the ice cream is good and smooth.

Source: Danita Thomas author of Kid Concoctions and Contraptions series.

By Teena from IN

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!! I'M ALWAYS LOOKING FOR THINGS TO DO WITH THE GRANDKIDS. THANKS SO MUCH AND IF YOU HAVE MORE IDEAS PLEASE SEND THEM ON.

I've done this- and yes, it works wonderfully. WE used snow instead of crushed ice, because snow is something we get lots of in my part of Canada. I work at an elementary school and used this recipe with two special needs boys who love to cook. IT was a huge success

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts Ice CreamFebruary 6, 2008
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
Candy Shake
Candy Shake Recipes
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
🎉
🎄