Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How to Package Homemade Soaps

What's the best way to package/wrap homemade soap? I've made some really nice soap, but not sure how to package it. Thanks!

By

Best Answers

These answers have been rated the best for this question.

By Chayil [5]01/01/2009

Wrapping a homemade soap with tissue paper provides a biodegradable packaging that allows the recipient to smell the soap and anticipate using it.

Wrapping in fabric allows the recipient to smell the soap, and provides a slightly more sturdy wrapping. You can even make the cloth a gift, too -- say, a flannel facial cloth or a pretty cotton scarf to tie back the hair.

Both wraps will allow another benefit: airing out the soap bar. The longer you keep a soap bar exposed to air, the harder it will get, and thus, the more slowly it will melt/erode with use. Every time I buy soap, I buy an eight-pack of soap bars, and when I'm down to four, I buy another one and unwrap all the bars. That way, they can sit in a drawer and harden for several weeks.

By Marilyn (Guest Post)10/26/2007

I have placed mine on a 6x6 inch tile. I cover with plastic wrap and tie with a pretty wrap.

I have seen them wrapped alone in colorful paper and tied.

By Shirley Darby [7]10/19/2007

Have you seen the wrap that you shrink around items with a blowdryer? It comes in colors, in rolls like wrapping paper, at the craft store. Cut a large circle, gather it with your hand over the top of the bar, tie off with a twist tie or other wire, and follow the instructions for heating with the blowdryer. It works like a charm, and is fun to do besides! Finish off with any decorative ribbon or such as you like.

By (Guest Post)10/19/2007

I have seen homemade soap wrapped in fabric strips, nice country style fabrics, cut with pinking shears and wrapped like a ribbon on a gift. It allows people to smell the soap, and is already wrapped as a gift.

Good Luck
Kim

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By (Guest Post)10/26/2007

"Have you seen the wrap that you shrink around items with a blowdryer? It comes in colors, in rolls like wrapping paper, at the craft store. Cut a large circle, gather it with your hand over the top of the bar, tie off with a twist tie or other wire, and follow the instructions for heating with the blowdryer. It works like a charm, and is fun to do besides! Finish off with any decorative ribbon or such as you like."

I have used the shrink wrap before, but don't you think that it would make the soap soft or maybe start to melt?

Thanks

By Coreen Hart [73]10/26/2007

Check thrift stores for beautiful containers. I just found a three-level peach-toned six-sided box with little cherubs and flowers on it for $1.00. I LOVE the shrink wrap idea!

By Michawn [16]10/18/2007

Wrap in some pretty paper and tie with strips of rafia.