How to Package Homemade Soaps

What's the best way to package/wrap homemade soap? I've made some really nice soap, but not sure how to package it. Thanks!

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

I have seen homemade soap wrapped in fabric strips, nice country style fabrics, cut with pinking shears and wrapped like a ribbon on a gift. It allows people to smell the soap, and is already wrapped as a gift.

Good Luck

Kim

Best Answer

Have you seen the wrap that you shrink around items with a blowdryer? It comes in colors, in rolls like wrapping paper, at the craft store. Cut a large circle, gather it with your hand over the top of the bar, tie off with a twist tie or other wire, and follow the instructions for heating with the blowdryer. It works like a charm, and is fun to do besides! Finish off with any decorative ribbon or such as you like.

Best Answer

I have placed mine on a 6x6 inch tile. I cover with plastic wrap and tie with a pretty wrap.

I have seen them wrapped alone in colorful paper and tied.

Best Answer

Wrapping a homemade soap with tissue paper provides a biodegradable packaging that allows the recipient to smell the soap and anticipate using it.

Wrapping in fabric allows the recipient to smell the soap, and provides a slightly more sturdy wrapping. You can even make the cloth a gift, too -- say, a flannel facial cloth or a pretty cotton scarf to tie back the hair.

Both wraps will allow another benefit: airing out the soap bar. The longer you keep a soap bar exposed to air, the harder it will get, and thus, the more slowly it will melt/erode with use. Every time I buy soap, I buy an eight-pack of soap bars, and when I'm down to four, I buy another one and unwrap all the bars. That way, they can sit in a drawer and harden for several weeks.

Wrap in some pretty paper and tie with strips of rafia.

Check thrift stores for beautiful containers. I just found a three-level peach-toned six-sided box with little cherubs and flowers on it for $1.00. I LOVE the shrink wrap idea!

"Have you seen the wrap that you shrink around items with a blowdryer? It comes in colors, in rolls like wrapping paper, at the craft store. Cut a large circle, gather it with your hand over the top of the bar, tie off with a twist tie or other wire, and follow the instructions for heating with the blowdryer. It works like a charm, and is fun to do besides! Finish off with any decorative ribbon or such as you like."

I have used the shrink wrap before, but don't you think that it would make the soap soft or maybe start to melt?

Thanks

My sister used to package hers in a piece of waxed paper with gift wrap on the outside, tied with a cute bow.

Answer

Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
Crafts Soap MakingOctober 18, 2007
Liquid Dishwasher Detergent
Other Uses for Liquid Dishwasher Detergent
bottles of body soap
Saving Money on Body Soap
bacon in a package
Freezing Bacon
lost package
Post Office Lost a Package
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 24, 2016 at 11:10:35 AM on 10.0.2.134 in 801 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.