How to Package Homemade Soaps

By patti bailey 2 2

What's the best way to package/wrap homemade soap? I've made some really nice soap, but not sure how to package it. Thanks!

Showing: Answers Sort

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have seen homemade soap wrapped in fabric strips, nice country style fabrics, cut with pinking shears and wrapped like a ribbon on a gift. It allows people to smell the soap, and is already wrapped as a gift.

Good Luck

Kim

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Shirley Darby 7 47 Flag

Have you seen the wrap that you shrink around items with a blowdryer? It comes in colors, in rolls like wrapping paper, at the craft store. Cut a large circle, gather it with your hand over the top of the bar, tie off with a twist tie or other wire, and follow the instructions for heating with the blowdryer. It works like a charm, and is fun to do besides! Finish off with any decorative ribbon or such as you like.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

I have placed mine on a 6x6 inch tile. I cover with plastic wrap and tie with a pretty wrap.

I have seen them wrapped alone in colorful paper and tied.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Chayil 5 72 Flag

Wrapping a homemade soap with tissue paper provides a biodegradable packaging that allows the recipient to smell the soap and anticipate using it.

Wrapping in fabric allows the recipient to smell the soap, and provides a slightly more sturdy wrapping. You can even make the cloth a gift, too -- say, a flannel facial cloth or a pretty cotton scarf to tie back the hair.

Both wraps will allow another benefit: airing out the soap bar. The longer you keep a soap bar exposed to air, the harder it will get, and thus, the more slowly it will melt/erode with use. Every time I buy soap, I buy an eight-pack of soap bars, and when I'm down to four, I buy another one and unwrap all the bars. That way, they can sit in a drawer and harden for several weeks.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Michawn 18 487 Flag

Wrap in some pretty paper and tie with strips of rafia.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Coreen Hart 78 376 Flag

Check thrift stores for beautiful containers. I just found a three-level peach-toned six-sided box with little cherubs and flowers on it for $1.00. I LOVE the shrink wrap idea!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

"Have you seen the wrap that you shrink around items with a blowdryer? It comes in colors, in rolls like wrapping paper, at the craft store. Cut a large circle, gather it with your hand over the top of the bar, tie off with a twist tie or other wire, and follow the instructions for heating with the blowdryer. It works like a charm, and is fun to do besides! Finish off with any decorative ribbon or such as you like."

I have used the shrink wrap before, but don't you think that it would make the soap soft or maybe start to melt?

Thanks

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Marty Dick 167 967 Flag

My sister used to package hers in a piece of waxed paper with gift wrap on the outside, tied with a cute bow.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
Previous
Crafts Soap MakingOctober 18, 2007
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
package of Fels Naptha soap
Fels Naptha Alternatives
Liquid Dishwasher Detergent
Other Uses for Liquid Dishwasher Detergent
bottles of body soap
Saving Money on Body Soap
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 4:52:01 PM on 10.0.2.206 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings