Bake Cookie Dough as Bars in Toaster Oven

I have a bunch of the Betty Crocker cookie mixes that I bought for next to nothing, but have been buying cookies instead due to the extreme heat in Arizona and not wanting to turn on my oven. So I decided to try making the cookies into bar cookies to cut down on cooking time and effort.

I melted the butter in the microwave so it would be more of a liquid, mixed in the egg and then stirred in the cookie mix. Then I sprayed an 8x8 inch baking pan very thoroughly with butter-flavored Pam, pressed the mixture evenly into the pan, and popped it into my toaster oven.

I cooked at the same temperature but for a longer time, until set, just like the regular cookies. I made sure they were cooled down before I cut them, so they wouldn't fall apart. They were great! I especially liked the sugar cookies with some added white chocolate chips. Yummy!

By Cindy from Peoria, AZ

We used to do this in my college dorm. Microwaves were banned as a fire hazard but toaster ovens were not(?). You can also make brownies, tube type cookies, packaged cinnamon rolls, and most microwave dinners (those that have oven directions). The Microwave dinners took a bit longer in the toaster oven but many were much better this way - particularly the Stouffer's Mac and Cheese :o). It's also a good way to reheat a single piece of pizza. Your slice will taste crispy and fresh instead of the limp results you get from nuking it.

I got a toaster oven for $7.00 at the Salvation Army. This is a great idea of yours to save energy. I will try it. Here is a toaster oven recipe:

Cut up enough raw potatoes to make a single layer in an 8 inch square pan.

Drizzle with olive oil.

Sprinkle liberally with Adobe seasoning. Bake at 3:50 for 45 minutes or until brown and crispy. Delicious!

Chocolate chip cookies and milk.
Making Cookies in a Toaster Oven
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingAugust 25, 2009
bowl of shredded coconut
Making Almond Joy Bars
A yeast free cheese pizza.
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipes
Man cleaning the oven.
Homemade Oven Cleaner Recipes
Cleaning a Toaster Oven
Cleaning a Toaster Oven