Color Scheme Advice for Basement With Exposed Logs and Wood Walls

We are finishing our basement in our log home. We have all the logs exposed in the upper floor, so have not had to paint any sheet rock until now. I had picked out "leather brown" paint for one side of the room. There is a stone fireplace on a wall that is being covered in wood planks.

My question is this, what color should I stain the exposed log poles (2), the wood wall, as well as the baseboards, etc.? Should I go with natural on the logs and wood wall? Then is it OK to paint the baseboards and other trim a white?

By TinTopeka from Topeka, KS

Answers

I'm from Emporia KS now living in WI. We built a home 6 yrs ago and all my trim is painted white. It's gorgeous.

However, I would leave your logs and wallboards natural color because as taste and trends change, it's much harder to change paint on a log than other aspects. Pick a color palate you love and use the colors in rugs, pillows, throws, furniture covers, wall hangings, lamp shades, etc. Let the logs be your picture or art wall.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Room Color SchemesApril 21, 2010
Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
A wood stove with firelogs in it.
Using Fire Logs
Wood Floor Stain Color
Wood Floor Stain Color Advice
Bucket catching leak.
Cleaning Up a Water Leak in Basement
🎉
🎄