Think Like a Butcher When Buying Meat

I am always on the lookout for a bargain or a way to make my own bargain. My gram taught me years ago how to save money on meat purchases. If they have pork loin on sale, buy it and cut your own pork chops. If they have chuck steak on sale, have them grind it for hamburger (I would much rather pay $1.97/lb for ground chuck than $3.99/lb for hamburger!

I love to buy whole chickens on sale and cook it in the slow cooker on a bed of veggies (do not add any liquid) when the chicken is cooked, do not throw out the liquid. Strain it and skim off the fat after it has been chilled. Yummy chicken stock! Hope this has inspired thinking like a butcher lol!

By Pinny from Tucson, Arizona

Thanks for the advice :-) Will do ;-)

Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatMay 6, 2009
thawed pork chop
Refreezing Thawed Meat
Butcher Paper Rolls
Uses for Butcher Paper
Homemade Valentine's Day Candy
Valentine's Day Candy Recipes
Knife and Butcher Block
Butcher Block Care and Maintenance