Add Bath Soap Slivers To New Bar

When your bar of bath soap is getting thin, instead of discarding it or watching the last pieces swirl down the drain, get a new bar and "glue" the old to the new.

It's very easy. Just wet the new soap and then use just a little pressure to make the old soap stick. The two will fuse together into one bar as they dry. Your soap will go further, plus the less soap that goes into a septic tank, the better it works.

When we travel, the soap that is left in the bath tub in a hotel ordinarily goes to waste. We use plastic sandwich bags to bring home that soap, and use it, too, by "gluing" it to other bars.

By Nickel Pincher from Georgia

I do the same thing!

I am glad that others take their soap home with them from the hotel. I do as well.

Great idea! One tip I learned about bar soap that I wanted to share - when you buy the multipacks of Jergens/Ivory etc. unwrap all the bars from the paper. They can sit in a stack in the cupboard and they will dry out a bit and harden and they will last much longer. The soap companies wrap the bars of soap individually to keep them softer and "wet" so they will not last as long and you will need to replace your bar soap more often. Works great for me!

January 27, 2010 Flag

Don't waste bath soap. You're at the end of the bar and it's uncomfortable to use the little piece of soap. But, don't throw it out. Combine with your new bar of soap. Have both pieces of soap wet. Rough up both pieces. (scratch across both.) Press the two pieces together, scratch surfaces to scratch service . Add more hot water and press. Let it rest until your next shower, and you now have added extra life to your bath soap.

By Peggy from Charlotte, NC

Add Bath Soap Slivers To New Bar

I don't waste little pieces of soap, I use them in the laundry for a little added boost. (02/23/2007)

By diana1117

Better Living Frugal Living TipsJanuary 27, 2010
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Bar of Soap
Making Liquid Soap from Bars of Soap
Bar of Soap Stuck in a Toilet
Bar of Soap Stuck in Toilet
Washing with bar soap.
Is Using Bar Soap Safe?